We are seeking a Registered Nurse to join our team! This is a part-time position that allows for a flexible schedule.
Develop and monitor the client's plan of care to include comprehensive health and
psycho-social evaluation, monitoring of the client’s condition, health promotion and
prevention, coordination of services, teaching and training activities and direct nursing
1. Responsible for total client care by conducting comprehensive health and psychosocial evaluation, monitoring the client's condition, promoting sound preventive practices, coordinating services and teaching and training activities
2. Evaluates the effectiveness of nursing service to the client and family on an ongoing basis
3. Updates to Plan of Care based on client needs and health status accordingly
4. Consult with the attending physician concerning updates and changes to Client Care Plans, checks with the Case Manager and makes changes, as appropriate
5. Attends all certification and recertification appointments
6. Ensures transportation to medical appointments related to DOL covered conditions
7. Review all nursing, home health aide, respiratory and physical therapy notes for client needs, continuation of services, and completeness
8. Maintains confidentiality of all office and client records per HIPAA guidelines and Privacy Act PHI.
9. Ensures all hand-written or typed progress notes are gathered/submitted to allow for timely payroll and billing.
10. Available to client when need arises. May require some night and weekend hours.
11. Must be able to fill in nursing hours if needed when assigned RN is not available to meet with the client, including 24-hour care needs.
12. Coordinates client services with Case Manager
13. Participates in care conferences, discusses with the Case Manager problems concerning the clients and how they may best be handled
14. Discusses with the appropriate Case Manager and/or physician the need for the involvement of other members of the health team
15. Participates in the client’s discharge planning process
16. Cooperates with other agencies providing nursing or related services to provide continuity of care and to implement a comprehensive care plan
17. Participates in staff development/in-service
18.Continually strives to improve his/her nursing care skills by attending in-service
education, through formal education, attendance at workshops, conferences, active participation in professional and related organizations and individual research and reading