Quality Assurance Technician
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Supports production processes; maintains a presence on the floor and being accessible to production staff when questions arise.
- Performs quality checks of raw, work in process, and finish product through inspection and visual checks of packaging.
- Performs pre-op inspections and swabs as necessary.
- Performs daily GMP audits in production and the warehouse.
- Collects and logs production/processing samples.
- Ensures all non-conforming products are placed on hold and fully documented.
- Investigates customer complaints as directed.
- Assists QA Lead/Supervisor/Manager with other projects as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Minimum of 1 year experience working in a food manufacturing environment; knowledgeable and experienced in general food safety programs and policies - includes government regulations, FDA, USDA, AIB, HACCP, GMP, and Allergen Programs.
- Excellent organizational skills with a high degree of initiative, sense of urgency, and flexibility; assertive when necessary; able to work with minimum supervision.
- Understanding of metal detection regulations a plus.
- Computer literate (Microsoft Works, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
- Read, write, and speak English; ability to receive and provide clear instructions.
- Preferred but not required - experience in micro and sanitation, lab food testing, GFSI (Global Food Safety Initiative), Kosher and Organic requirements and functional in the use of a second language.
- Work in a production area with fast moving equipment, moderate to high noise levels and temperature changes; work in laboratory environment with instruments and chemicals; be on feet for entire shift.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Compliance to GMP, Food Safety, Food Defense and Food Quality regulations as required by the company, customers and/or government legislations, including timely communication to appropriate facility management of any non-conformity issues or violations found.
- Compliance to all employee job safety requirements and regulations as required by company policies, including timely communication to appropriate facility management of any non-conformity issues or violations found.
United Employment Solutions, Inc.
249 W CARSON STCompton, CA