ELECTRO-MECHANICAL ASSEMBLY OPERATORS POSITION SUMMARY :
Engaged in assembly of various types of transformers such as low voltage to high voltage transformer. Stripping magnetic wires, leads set up and attaching magnet wires to terminals in accordance to manufacturing specification. Soldering connections per J-Std-001.
- Preparation of coil, wrapping with specified tape, stripping and pre-tinning of magnet wires. Cleaning tinned wires with approved cleaning solvent.
- Review manufacturing traveler for assembly instructions and special requirement.
- Determine if a special fixture is needed for the assembly.
- Ensure that a first piece part is accomplished, verified and inspected before performing the whole lot.
- Clean solder connections with approved cleaning solution.
- Inspect solder connections under 10x-20x magnification for workmanship.
- Submit completed lot to their supervisor for visual inspection and product verification.
- Maintain and clean work station and surrounding areas.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) six months of related experience or training or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Must have the mental and visual ability to read and interpret documents such as work instructions, schematic diagram, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedures manuals.
- Must have the mental ability to perform basic mathematic.
- Ability to communicate effectively, work effectively in a team environment.
- Special vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to perform assembly and solder under microscope.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral.
- Must be able to adapt to changes in the work environment; must be able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Employee must have the mental ability to pass written and actual test for the J-Std-001 certification.
Must have the physical ability to perform this job safely without endangering the health or safety of self or others.
- Employees are required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as clothing, gloves, goggles, or other garments or equipment to protect the employee’s body from injury or infection.
- Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions of equipment.
- Ensure compliance with Magnetika employee health and wellbeing programs.
- Inspect equipment, manufacturing area and safety equipment to find and correct potential hazards.
- Ensure compliance with environmental and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations.
- Ensure test equipment are in good condition and safe to use.
This position may occasionally be required to lift up to 25 pounds. Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50%. The position needs to occasionally move about inside and throughout the production plant. Must be able to visually inspect parts with the naked eye and under a microscope, read small labels, handle numerous parts, have the dexterity to use a caliper and micrometer, and be able to bend and stoop. The person in this position frequently communicates with staff and management who have inquiries, therefore, he/she must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.