The Tool & Die Designer will coordinate the repair, rebuild, improvement, and new design for Dies and Tooling. This position will be responsible for designs, details, and the creation of new dies, and will also research new technologies and innovations in order to develop new products and improve on existing products as well as reduce costs. The Tool and Die Designer will be expected to communicate with all levels of the plant and with customers and vendors in an effective and respectful manner.
Relocation Assistance Available | Competitive Compensation
- Designs tools and manage our CAD/SolidWorks/Logo-Press design suite for the purpose of drafting plans and retrieving plans
- Designs the following:
- Progressively pierces and forms dies which include stock strip development.
- Performs single hit pierces and forms dies.
- Provides designs that are manufactural, accurate, meet project scope, and will work with departments in the plant to ensure work conveys correct information and is error-free.
- Consults and works with tool and die makers, quality department, design and production engineers, press operators and assembly line workers as required to ensure proper part and die design criteria is met.
- Designs gauges to verify part to blueprint.
- Directs/assists in all phases of production implementation to production release.
- Selects or recommends use of layouts, graphics, drawings or illustrations to amplify publication objectives
- Uses SolidWorks/Logo Press software to produce drawings from sketches, existing drawings, images, and other forms of communication
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 5+ years of experience as a Tool Designer
- Excellent working knowledge of SolidWorks.
- Strong background in metal working materials, mechanics, and heat treating
- Required experience in a metal stamping environment (i.e. knowledge of presses and different dies used in metal stamping such as progressive, draw, miscellaneous, etc.)
- Required experience and familiarity with EDM, CNC machine tools and part making
- Can represent themselves, the department and the company in a professional manner at all times.
- Associate's Degree in Mechanical Design/Drafting or related field
- Journeyman Tool & Die Maker Certificate
- Experience with Solid Works Logo-Press, and Auto Cad
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Solid mechanical aptitude, ability to work as part of a team
- Understanding of different materials and production methods