Production Manager - Precast/Prestressed Concrete
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Summary of Primary Functions: Directs and coordinates activities concerned with production of company product(s) by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Supervision Received: Independent; Reports to Operations Manager
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- All employees are required to follow all Safety and Quality rules and processes to ensure a safe working environment, and the production of high-quality products.
- Confers with management personnel to establish production and quality control standard and to obtain data regarding types, quantities, specifications, and delivery dates of products ordered
- Directs production activities and ensures production priorities are followed for products in keeping with effective operations and cost factors
- Coordinates production activities with procurement, maintenance, and quality control activities to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, machines, and equipment
- Reviews and analyzes production, quality control, maintenance, and operational reports to determine causes of nonconformity with product specifications, and operation or production problems
- Participates in pre-pour meetings to discuss new products
- Oversees crew leaders as they teach new hires and on-going training
- Conducts hearings to resolve or effect settlement of grievances and refers unresolved grievances to supervisor and/or HR
- Conducts new hire orientation and safety meetings
- Conducts safety training and programs each week
- Responsible for independent decision-making including: Sequencing of operations on plant start up and Safety programming
- May have access to confidential information
- Has daily contact with fellow employees in other units of the company, top management, customers, vendors/suppliers
Work of Others: Daily instruct, check or verify work of others or coordinate the workflow of others.
Job Specifications or Qualifications:
Certifications: OSHA 10 - Preferred
Education: High School or GED General Educational Development is required.
Experience: 5 to 7 (+) years prior, related experience is required.
Supervisory Experience: 3 to 5 (+) years is required.
KEYWORDS: Precast, Prestress, Prestressed, Pre-cast, Pre-stress, Pre-stressed
United Employment GroupWhy Work Here?
Great company culture and room for advancement.
United Employment Group, Inc. is a search and placement firm specializing in Concrete Products and Construction, Metals, Refrigeration, Engineering/Surveying and Plastic Industries.
AddressNew Haven, CT