Concrete Project Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Project Manager will act as a liaison between the Superintendent and clients and between the Superintendent and contractors/vendors. This person will be responsible for preparing and maintaining progress schedules, preparing monthly progress payments, preparing change orders, checking shop drawings, negotiating bids, and preparing cost and progress reports. This position will require a high degree of autonomy and decision making with respect to decisions that may ultimately affect the schedule and profitability on assigned projects.
What Makes this a Great Opportunity:
- Opportunity to work for a fast growing company
- Be part of an organization that provides it employees with the opportunity to grow and be successful
- Work for an innovative company that utilizes top of the line, high quality equipment
- Negotiate various bid packages
- Establish a relationships with clients and subcontractors to enhance ability to perform negotiated work
- Recommend strategies to improve project profitability and quality and implement strategies as directed
- Set up plans and schedules for work by establishing goals and priorities for daily work and long range goals
- Maintain accurate schedules
- Allocate all labor costs codes and apply accurate quantities put in place to proper cost codes to establish unit costs, plot actual costs weekly against estimated costs, and identify cost deviation trends.
- Punch outs and close outs
- Change orders
- Analyzes job risks and develops solutions to eliminate those risks
- Enforces safety with peers and subordinates
Your success will be measured based on:
- Ability to see projects through to completion on time and within budget
- Building and maintaining relationships with clients and vendors
- Working knowledge of construction equipment and techniques, drawing & specifications, building materials and required standards applicable to discipline 2
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant experience 10+
- Experience with Excel and construction software/programs
- Effective communication, leadership and decision-making abilities
- Complete understanding of financial, scheduling, and risk management processes
- Ability to work autonomously
- Attention to detail
Desired Experience and Traits:
- Drafting ability (Auto CAD)
- Ability to be proactive
Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management preferred
Competitive base plus bonus potential
- Short-Term Disability / Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off (Holiday, Vacation, Sick Time), etc.
Preference given to candidate residing commutable distance in Texas.
United Employment GroupWhy Work Here?
Great company with outstanding benefits and advancement opportunities.
United Employment Group, Inc. is a search and placement firm specializing in Concrete Products and Construction, Metals, Refrigeration, Engineering/Surveying and Plastic Industries.