- Posted: over a month ago
Who we are:
United Electric Supply Co. Inc. is a nationally recognized, 100% employee-owned company that is a major supplier of electrical products, and advanced services for the construction and industrial markets. They offer a full range of electrical products and services with concentrations in industrial automation, building automation, lighting, wire/cable/conduit, distribution and control, data communications, electro-mechanical and energy solutions. With over 300 employees, United is headquartered in New Castle, Delaware with locations throughout Delaware, Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey, and Virginia.
The Warehouse position is the entrée into our organization that teaches employees how we efficiently & effectively move material to meet the needs of our customers.
The function of a Warehouse Worker is to perform duties in the warehouse which contribute to a safe, accurate, well-coordinated shipping, receiving, and customer service operation.
Successful Warehouse Workers have found opportunities to progress throughout our Distribution Center operation & even grow into other roles at one of our branch locations.
- Receives incoming materials, checking packing slips against actual merchandise received. Inspects materials for obvious defects. Solves related problems and notifies supervisor as necessary.
- Stocks shelves, ensuring materials are in their designated area. Pulls materials from warehouse shelves to fill current orders, back orders, inter-branch transfers, and will call orders. Carefully identifies quantities and customer specifications. Utilizes RF guns for much of the picking & packing function.
- Packs and ships materials in designated cartons per customer order and department procedures.
- Assists with loading and unloading trucks.
- Receives and hangs reels of wire in designated area. Cuts wire to customer specification for counter, will call, and other specific sales orders.
- Assists customers with pipe purchases.
- Posts purchase orders and other related data into the computer system.
- Communicates with the sales department when material ordered is not available.
- Works closely with all internal departments to help us achieve our mission, “To deliver exceptional service to our customers while maintaining the highest standards for courtesy, knowledge and ethics.”
- Must be able to work Monday through Friday 10am-7pm
- Minimum High School diploma
This is a safety sensitive position:
- May be required to operate powered industrial trucks.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. several times a day, bend, twist, and climb.
- Adhere to all United Electric health, safety, and environmental policies.
- Act in a safe and positive manner always, ensure that those around you do not put themselves or others at risk. Your personal safety is your responsibility.
- Complete an accident/Incident report for any safety and/or health infractions that occur or witnessed.
Compensation and Benefits:
We offer attractive compensation and benefits which include:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Disability Insurance and Life Insurance
- 401(K) and Stock Ownership
- Paid Vacation and holidays
- Educational Benefits
- Wellness Programs
- Work/Life Balance
We are an equal employment opportunity employer.
United Electric Supply
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at United Electric Supply