Service Engineer/Technician - Industrial Automation
- Posted: over a month ago
Who we are:
Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, with locations across Delaware, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland and Virginia, United Electric is a nationally recognized, 100% employee-owned general line distributor of sophisticated electrical design and application products and systems. We have some of the best in their fields working for us, and we are known for the superior knowledge of our employee-owners and the outstanding service they provide to our customers.
United Electric Supply Co. Inc. is a nationally recognized, 100% employee-owned company that is a major supplier of electrical products, and advanced services for the construction and industrial markets. They offer a full range of electrical products and services with concentrations in industrial automation, building automation, lighting, wire/cable/conduit, distribution and control, data communications, electro-mechanical and energy solutions. With over 300 employees, United is headquartered in New Castle, Delaware with locations throughout Delaware, Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey, and Virginia.
- Plan and perform programming, troubleshooting, testing, and commissioning of control systems.
- Provide support for HMI, PLC, Drives, SCADA products and applications. This requires an extensive knowledge of electrical and mechanical theories and principles, written wiring specifications, PLC programming languages, and communications networks.
- Demonstrate ability to follow best practices and the local and national electrical codes.
- Contribute to service proposals for scope, timelines, and cost of work.
- Work with sales team on identifying opportunities and communicating service offering to customers.
- Technical Capacity.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Learning Orientation.
- Teamwork Orientation & Conflict Resolution.
- Experience and ability to work in a fast-paced industrial automation environment.
- Knowledge/Experience in the electrical/electronic and mechanical fields.
- A thorough knowledge of electrical/electronic components and equipment, including the use of special instruments for diagnostic purposes.
- 5 - 7 years of PLC programming/troubleshooting experience with various applications.
- Legacy Modicon experience preferred
- Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical, or Industrial Engineering degree or Equivalent Education
Large amounts of travel within New Jersey, Eastern Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland and Northern Virginia. 10% travel outside of that area, including training.
Compensation and Benefits:
We offer attractive compensation and benefits which include:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Disability Insurance and Life Insurance
- 401(K) and Stock Ownership
- Paid Vacation and holidays
- Educational Benefits
- Wellness Programs
- Work/Life Balance
We are an equal employment opportunity employer.
United Electric Supply
AddressNew Castle, DE
ManufacturingView all jobs at United Electric Supply
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?