Quotations Specialist, Gear
United Electric Supply Jessup, MD
- Posted: over a month ago
Who we are:
Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, with 18 locations across Delaware, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland and Virginia, United Electric is a nationally recognized, 100% employee-owned general line distributor of sophisticated electrical design and application products and systems. We have some of the best in their fields working for us, and we are known for the superior knowledge of our employee-owners and the outstanding service they provide to our customers.
We are looking for a Quotations Specialist to join our Gear team in Jessup, MD! The ideal candidate will accurately complete quote packages for our customers and sales team to secure lighting project business. This person will Quote Bills of Material according to customer specifications at a competitive price while maintaining established project profitability requirements.
- Communicate effectively with customers.
- Collaborate with Outside Sales to secure projects.
- Maintain all quotes electronically in the JMS system.
- Prepare Bill of Materials (BOM) in JMS and submit to customer and assigned Outside Sales Rep.
- Ensure total accuracy of quote including spares, freight, storage, lift gates, vendor deposits, etc.
- Review Purchase Order and include Terms and Conditions.
- Prepare submittals as requested and monitor their return via check list.
- Review returned submittals and renegotiate with vendor if necessary.
- Coordinate with Outside Sales to complete project paperwork.
- Finalize paperwork with Outside Sales, updating any lead times on approved (BOM).
- Update final BOM in JMS and send to assigned Project Administrator for review.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with reps.
- Stay up to date on new products by attending trade shows and seminars.
- Engage in Lifelong Learning activities and meet yearly requirements.
- Participate in pre-job and project review meetings.
- Participate actively on SPAM Team.
- Performs other duties as obvious or assigned.
- 2 - 3 years counter sales experience required.
- Project management or quotations experience preferred.
- Strong attention to detail needed.
- Minimum Associates Degree; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Compensation and Benefits:
We offer attractive compensation and benefits which include:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Disability Insurance and Life Insurance
- 401(K) and Stock Ownership
- Paid Vacation and holidays
- Educational Benefits
- Wellness Programs
- Work/Life Balance
We are an equal employment opportunity employer.
United Electric Supply
BusinessView all jobs at United Electric Supply