- Posted: over a month ago
Who we are:
United Electric Supply Co. Inc. is a nationally recognized, 100% employee-owned company that is a major supplier of electrical products, and advanced services for the construction and industrial markets. They offer a full range of electrical products and services with concentrations in industrial automation, building automation, lighting, wire/cable/conduit, distribution and control, data communications, electro-mechanical and energy solutions. With over 300 employees, United is headquartered in New Castle, Delaware with locations throughout Delaware, Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey, and Virginia.
We are looking for an experienced Operations Manager to lead our team in Waldorf, MD! This is a working manager role so be prepared to roll up your sleeves and support your team by working next to them. This individual is responsible for all the Counter and Inside sales efforts, plus inventory management which helps our company reach the growth, profitability, and sustainability goals we have set. A collaborative attitude is a must as this role interacts with various support teams within the organization.
- Review and recommend improved operating policies and procedures. Ensuring the proper implementation and maintenance of approved changes.
- Evaluate and making recommendations regarding employment, performance ratings, salary changes, promotions, transfers, and terminations of branch personnel.
- Guide and advise personnel in the more complex phases of their work, as well as suggested training.
- Participate in the preparation of the annual budget and operate within its limits.
- Recommend enhancements to the branch's sales & promotional efforts.
- Drive Quality alongside profitability in the branch.
- Review branch income statements monthly.
- Keep open order report up to date and accurate by working with the inside sales team to ensure queues and trackers are addressed in a timely manner.
- Review daily price override report and take necessary action when required.
- Responsible for daily cash deposits.
- Update ADP Timekeeping System daily and transmit payroll as required.
- Communicate updates to our Growth, Profitability and Sustainability goals monthly to branch staff.
- Maintain a safe environment for all customers and employees. Responsible for general maintenance, inside and outside the facility.
- Optimize the branch's inventory to exceed customer's expectations and satisfaction.
- Work closely with internal departments, combining individual efforts to better serve the customer.
- Perform other duties as obvious or assigned.
- Proven track record of Growth and Profitability.
- Desire to work under pressure.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience leading a Counter Sales and Inventory Management operation toward short and medium-term strategic goals.
United Electric Supply
BusinessView all jobs at United Electric Supply