Network & Systems Administrator
- Posted: over a month ago
Who we are:
United Electric Supply Co. Inc. is a nationally recognized, 100% employee-owned company that is a major supplier of electrical products, and advanced services for the construction and industrial markets. They offer a full range of electrical products and services with concentrations in industrial automation, building automation, lighting, wire/cable/conduit, distribution and control, data communications, electro-mechanical and energy solutions. With over 300 employees, United is headquartered in New Castle, Delaware with locations throughout Delaware, Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey, and Virginia.
We’re looking for the next employee-owner to join our ever-evolving IT Team as the Network Administrator. This person is Responsible for maintaining our organizations network and server systems and finding creative ways to solve issues that may arise. Effectively configure, secure, and monitor all network devices and servers to ensure smooth operations. Participate in the overall information technology strategy and execution to ensure technology solutions provide competitive value to the overall organization.
- Install, configure, and maintain organization’s network and computer systems.
- Provides reports, completes requests for new service, and determines methodology for installing telephone and datacom services.
- Determines appropriateness of equipment changes or modifications, call switches, links, and communication circuits. This includes wireless configuration, routing, subnets, firewall rules, VLANs, etc.
- Responsible for system backups of network gear and servers.
- Support Microsoft Windows and Linux (Eclipse ERP) server systems, Active Directory, Office 365, and related software. This includes system upgrades and disaster recovery.
- Assist with remediation of help desk tickets, to include Eclipse system support.
- Serve as lead for management of the cloud-based voice phone system.
- Serve as a key member of the overall cyber security strategy and implementation.
- Design and support Cisco based infrastructure and Watchguard firewall appliances, systems, and related software.
- Assist with cloud-based videoconferencing and related A/V.
- Practical knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the networking and server administration fields.
- Demonstrate high-level communication, time management, and conflict resolution skills.
- Successfully manage projects, including documentation and client facing communications.
- Explore and test new technologies.
- Ability to obtain MCSE and/or CCNA certifications.
- Onsite support required, including travel time required between branches.
- Adhere to all United Electric health, safety, and environmental policies.
- Act in a safe and positive manner always, ensure that those around you do not put themselves or others at risk. Your personal safety is your responsibility.
- Complete an accident/Incident report for any safety and/or health infractions that occur or witnessed.
- Perform other duties as obvious or assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or IT.
- Minimum 2-3 years of hands on work experience.
- MCSE and CCNA certifications preferred.
- Working knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the networking field.
- Demonstrated trouble-shooting skills.
- Effective time management skills.
- Effective conflict-resolution & communication skills.
- Some travel required: 30%.
Compensation and Benefits:
We offer attractive compensation and benefits which include:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Disability Insurance and Life Insurance
- 401(K) and Stock Ownership
- Paid Vacation and holidays
- Educational Benefits
- Wellness Programs
- Work/Life Balance
We are an equal employment opportunity employer.
United Electric Supply
AddressNew Castle, DE
TechnologyView all jobs at United Electric Supply
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?