Customer Service Rep
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
UCFS is currently seeking a full-time (40 hours) Customer Service Representative for our Norwich Health Center to provide courteous and professional customer service to all UCFS clients, patients, and visitors, as well as internal customer support for clinical staff; includes intake support for medical and dental services as well as telephone support for all callers.
- Greets all clients, visitors, and employees, providing courteous and professional customer service in person or on the telephone. Performs proper protocol for announcing visitors as directed by his/her home department.
- Services the reception area and performs related data collection/entry; screens all clients and updates pertinent demographic and insurance information into the Electronic Health Record.
- Follows the check in and out workflow process to ensure that the client and clinical staff experience exceptional customer service.
- Operates multi-line telephone system, screening calls, answering and transferring calls, and taking messages as directed by his/her home department.
- Refers clients to the on-call physicians or the answering service as necessary. Screens emergencies and understands how to appropriate handle and transfer these calls following his/her home department protocol.
- Services clients, visitors, and callers collecting and providing information, answering questions, and making referrals regarding UCFS Health Center services, providers, medical records, scheduling, insurance, copays, sliding fees, billing, and related.
- Schedules and books clients for appointments with Behavioral Health, Dental, Medical and all other Health Center service, utilizing proper system for clinician and/or UCFS employee notification.
- Performs medical records duties; including requesting, retrieving and filing records, scanning documents into the Electronic Health Record, assisting in the Release of Information applications, and monitoring fax servers and laboratory interfaces.
- Performs initial client intakes: involves entering new or existing demographic and insurance information into the Electronic Health Record, as well as perform insurance verifications, capturing all necessary information about insurance benefits and communicates to clients pertinent information for the initial intake appointment.
- Collects payments and copayments for services rendered and reconcile daily financial activities, in addition to providing clients with information and updating client accounts/ directing appropriately to the Billing Department when necessary.
- Treats co-workers, clients and visitors respectfully, courteously and professionally, addressing conflict and disagreement in a positive and respectful manner.
- Performs other clerical and administrative tasks in support of the site operations and staff as assigned.
UCFS offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes -
medical, dental and vision insurance
401(k) plan with an employer contribution
Flexible Spending Account
Health Savings Account
company-paid life and disability insurance
generous paid time off (holidays, vacation, floating holidays, sick time)
Employee Assistance Program
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
UCFS does not just welcome diversity, we celebrate it! We strive for diversity throughout our organization to reflect and represent the communities we serve. UCFS is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. BIPOC candidates are encouraged to apply.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment at UCFS is contingent upon the successful candidates compliance with the agencys Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
United Community and Family ServicesWhy Work Here?
UCFS Healthcare improves the health and well-being of the community.
For over 140 years, UCFS has embraced life and faced challenges that are a reflection of the community we serve. We continue to focus our resources on areas of greatest need; build partnerships when demand is beyond our capacity to fulfill alone and have had a lasting impact on thousands of lives that entrust us to provide quality and compassionate care. UCFS is a nonprofit with the mission to be Eastern CT’s best choice for patient-centered health care. Joining UCFS means you will be part of the premier community-based organization with dedicated to providing health and human services to individuals and families. You will be part of a group of dedicated professionals committed to improving the health and well-being of the community.