Patient Services Representative
United Community Services, Inc West Des Moines, IA
- Posted: January 04, 2021
Thrive in a fast-paced team environment? Like to work on a team? Know how to provide great customer service? We have a full-time position available for a Patient Service Representative in our Wes Des Moines, location. UCS Healthcare is a CARF-accredited, non-profit health care organization based in West Des Moines, Iowa with additional offices in Knoxville and Ankeny and medication units across the state offering medication assisted treatment (MAT) for opiate/alcohol addiction. We offer a competitive hourly wage.
Reports To: Patient Services Supervisor
Function: Operates in alignment with UCS Healthcare core values. Is a team player, provides patient centered care and strives to provide the highest level of care.
- Follow all Federal, State of Iowa, and agency policies and laws, including those pertaining to patient confidentiality, including HIPAA/ 42CFR part 2 and CARF requirements.
- Provides in-person and telephone reception for clinic visitors and patients.
- Assist with daily intakes as needed.
- Verify/Update eligibility and benefits in regards to patients' insurance plans.
- Assists with all scheduling needs with several clinicians/providers
- Enter and update demographic and insurance information into the EHR System
- Collect payments for services rendered.
- Verify/Update payor source in Methasoft
- Balance cash sheet daily.
- Create manual claims for guest dosing/redosing clients
- Review and work proof of incomes/hardships.
- Manage Patient Services email group/own email
- Handles referral as they come in by fax, email etc.
- Departmental filing and scanning
- Follow and understand opening and closing procedures
- SAGE/Relapse/Gambling intake
- General office clerical needs
- Clean own workspace regularly
- Complete online training when due Relias training
- Other projects assigned , but not limited to:
- Take home project/Monitor take homes policy regarding payments
- Work return mail/bad address
- Pull Eligibility batches 1stweek of every month
- Approve self -pay claims
- Pull credit card payments from our website/add to HER system
- Pulls payment plans set up in Waystar/add to EHR system
- Reconcile month end Waystar payments
- IPN grant review POI, hardships every year
- Payor updates throughout the year/start refund process if needed
- Establish payment plans with clients
- Assist with Grant exception request
- Clean up old message board flags in Carelogic/Methasoft
- Pull Block Grant/MAT Grant/MAT PP clients monthly to confirm no insurance coverage
Minimum Education and Experience: General office experience. Medical billing knowledge and minimum two-year degree is preferred but not necessarily needed Required Knowledge, Abilities and Skills:
- Ability to handle confidential work with tact and discretion.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and works well in both individual and group environment.
- Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to perform in stressful situations.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Fast learner and able to adapt to change quickly.
- Good attendance and punctuality with schedule flexibility.
Special Requirements: Ability to work independently, exercise discretion and own judgment. Ability to make decisions on matters which affect the company. Must be able to travel to other locations (West Des Moines, Ankeny, and Knoxville when coverage is needed )
Work Schedule: Full time
The work hours will be Tues -Friday 6-3pm and Saturdays 6-2pm. Hours during training will be M-F 8:00 - 5:00.