PT Medication Assisted Treatment RN/LPN
United Community Services, Inc Carroll, IA
- Posted: over a month ago
Earn 1.5 the hourly rate for Saturdays!
We have a part-time position available for a RN or LPN for our medication assisted treatment (MAT) program in Carroll co-located at New Opportunities, 23751 Highway 30 East, Carroll, IA.
UCS Healthcare is a CARF-accredited, non-profit health care organization based in Des Moines, Iowa with additional offices in Knoxville and Ankeny and medication units across the state offering medication assisted treatment (MAT) for opiate/alcohol addiction. We offer a competitive hourly wage.
UCS Healthcare currently seeking a part-time qualified RN/LPN candidate. This position reports to the Supervising Nurse. In this role, the candidate must be able to adhere to the goals and objectives of the program in relation to the patients and the patients' medical care. Essential duties of the position include but are not limited to:
- Administer medications to patients in treatment.
- Perform nursing assessments and H&P's on all new admissions or readmissions when necessary.
- Follow federal, State of Iowa, and agency policies including CFR 42.
- Reviewing patient's prescriptions and OTC medications to ensure they are properly prescribed and to assess whether client is aware of adverse reactions.
- Perform, interpret, record, and report on-site TB tests and other testing as ordered by physician.
- Perform venipuncture and injections as ordered by physician.
- Carry out all physician orders including telephone orders.
- Assist the physician with clinic, rooming patients and ensuring compliance.
- Record and report all observed symptoms and changes in the patient's condition to the interdisciplinary team members and medical director if necessary.
- Communicate patient status through legible and precise documentation.
- Make appropriate health referrals whenever necessary.
- Count client medications and initiate call backs to monitor for diversion or abuse/misuse.
- Answer all phone calls relating to nursing/medical questions and make appropriate referrals.
- Make appropriate request to provider when medication dosage change is indicated and carry out those orders in an accurate and timely manner.
- Obtain urine specimens according to agency policy and federal regulation and make appropriate report of results.
- Review eight point criteria for take home medications
- Perform daily nursing assessments on patients involved in the detoxification program.
- Assist clients with guest dosing.
- Provide first aid to patients and staff as needed and make appropriate referrals as needed.
- Provide technical assistance to the staff in understanding a patient's medical problems.
- Assist in monitoring patient activities while on center property.
- Maintain licensure as required
- Keep the Medical Director informed of changes that occur in clinical and medical matters.
Minimum Education and Experience: Licensed in the state of Iowa as a registered nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Special Requirements: Ability to work independently and exercise discretion and own judgment.
Work Schedule: Saturday's 7:45-10:30
Office Location: UCS Healthcare is co-located at New Opportunities, 23751 Highway 30 East,
UCS Healthcare is an EOE.