United Community Services, Inc West Des Moines, IA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Thrive in a fast-paced, inclusive team environment?
We have a full-time position available for a Case Manager in our West Des Moines location. UCS Healthcare is a CARF-accredited, non-profit health care organization based in West Des Moines, Iowa with additional offices in Knoxville and Ankeny and medication units across the state offering medication assisted treatment (MAT) for opiate/alcohol addiction. Our mission is to create hope for healing and lifelong well-being. We offer a competitive hourly wage and full benefit package.
As a Case Manager you would work with the Grant Team to ensure UCS patients are provided with culturally competent integrated care, recovery support services and are connected to community-based resources. The Case Manager will provide collaborative service provision with ongoing assessments, planning, facilitation and coordination to ensure timely access to services including medical, psychiatric, substance abuse and psychosocial services for grant-funded clients. Services may include advocacy for services, securing housing, providing RSS, consultation, navigation through a system, or providing early access to and maintenance of various complex needs. Operates in alignment with UCS Healthcare core values. Is a team player, provides patient centered services and strives to provide the highest level of care.
Duties, Including but are not limited to:
- Follow all Federal, State of Iowa, and agency policies and laws, including those pertaining to patient confidentiality, including HIPAA/ 42CFR part 2 and CARF requirements.
- Develop partnerships and MOU's with collateral referral sources including: medical and behavioral health services, Department of Corrections, housing, financial and employment assistance, Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Coordinated Entry System, Department of Human Services (DHS) Projects for Assistance in Transition from Homelessness, and other recovery support services consistent with initial and ongoing patient assessment.
- Assemble leadership teams with UCS Healthcare and stake holders in homelessness and corrections to gather and analyze data, develop resource maps and set overall goals for the programs.
- Screen all individuals, 18 and over, for vulnerability for homelessness using the Vulnerability Index- Service Prioritization Decision Assistance Tool (VI-SPDAT) at: VI-SPDAT
- Utilize the Integrated Dual Disorders Treatment Center Model to provide services to clients identified as experiencing or at risk of experiencing homelessness.
- Participate in various projects, council and/or stakeholders meetings such as the grantee meetings, statewide meetings regarding homelessness, data reporting, collaboration and data reporting to the University of Iowa (consortium) and the Integrated Dual Disorders Treatment Center, monthly provider planning and data calls, and others as requested by the Iowa Department of Public Health.
- Assist in the preparing and compiling all components of each grant submission, ensuring that the proposal is formatted, packaged, and submitted in accordance with granting agency requirements.
- Assist Grant Team to collect, maintain and report client intake, discharge and follow up data.
- Work with the Quality Assurance and Compliance officer to develop a Quality improvement and workforce development plan to engage and sustain stakeholders in the community; specifically primary care, housing, HUD coordinating sites, mental health providers, employment and vocational partners, and others as individualized treatment to individuals experiencing homelessness.
- Monitor Patient Ping System distribute reports interdepartmentally
- Make recommendations budgets; grant claim entries, progress reports, work plans and other documentation as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Education and Experience: Case Management and grant coordination experience is preferred. Bachelor degree in social work, psychology, mental health, human services or related field, or related experience required or 5+ years of experience in case management roles. Master's degree preferred.
Preferred Knowledge, Abilities and Skills: Experience with homelessness, correctional systems, substance use disorder and mental health is helpful, Driver's license, insurance and reliable transportation. Ability to handle confidential information with tact and discretion. Excellent organization, attention to detail and communication skills. Excellent computer proficiency. Knowledge with Excel, and Microsoft Products.
Work Schedule: Full-time. Flexible scheduled hours dependent on needs of clients. Based in West Des Moines, Iowa.