United Community Services, Inc Ankeny, IA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Do you thrive working in a fast-paced, inclusive team environment?
We have a full-time position available for a Care Coordinator in our West Des Moines location.UCS Healthcare is a CARF-accredited, non-profit health care organization based in West Des Moines, Iowa with additional offices in Knoxville and Ankeny and medication units across the state offering medication assisted treatment (MAT) for opiate/alcohol addiction. Our mission is to create hope for healing and lifelong well-being. We offer a competitive hourly wage and full benefit package.
In this role you will Develop relationships with Reentry Specialists and probation officers in Polk/Warren County to assist inmates receiving medication-assisted treatment for opioid addiction re-enter back into their communities. Works closely with patient services, counselors and peer recovery coach to identify and screen clients who may be eligible for grant funds.Operates in alignment with UCS Healthcare core values. Is a team player, provides patient centered services and strives to provide the highest level of care.
- Follow all Federal, State of Iowa, and agency policies and laws, including those pertaining to patient confidentiality, including HIPAA/ 42CFR part 2 and CARF requirements.
- Increase access to services through coordinating access to care, assisting the transfer of care of opioid use disorder correctional, facilitate provision of MAT services within the community.
- Complete GPRA or intake paperwork to establish grant clients
- Coordinate and track all clients receiving any type of grant funds for all locations.
- Verify eligibility for grants and ensure the client continuously meets the minimum requirements to receive grant funding.
- Work with Peer Recovery Coaches to ensure warm hand-off and access to services.
- Work with Grant Director to develop a leadership team between correctional facilities and UCS Healthcare.
- Assist in thepreparing and compilingall components of each grant submission, ensuring that the proposal is formatted, packaged, and submitted in accordance with granting agency requirements.
- Develop best practices and complete any follow-up requirements with clients for the grant period.
- Complete documentation timely.
- File exceptions when applicable and in a timely fashion.
- Work directly with Iowa Department Public Health (IDPH) staff and follow strict guidelines for documentation and fund usage.
- Make recommendationsbudgets, grant claim entries, progress reports, work plans and other documentation as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience:Grant management experience is preferred. A minimumAssociate Degreeis preferred.
Required Knowledge, Abilities and Skills:Driver's license, insurance and reliable transportation.Ability to handle confidential work with tact and discretion. Excellent organization, attention to detail and communication skills. Excellent computer proficiency. Knowledge with Excel,and Microsoft Products. Experience with correctional systems, substance use disorder and mental health is helpful, working knowledge of various insurances highly preferred.
Special Requirements:Ability to work independently and exercise discretion and own judgment.
Work Schedule: flexible scheduled hours dependent on needs of clients.Ability to travel to UCS Healthcare locations and Correctional Facilities. Based in Ankeny, Iowa