Columbia Day Support Coach (Direct Care) 7:00a-3:00p Mon-Fri
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Community Living Coach
**$1500 Sign on Bonus, Free Medical Coverage, Flexible Schedules, and Paid Training**
United Cerebral Palsy of Georgia, Inc. ensures that individuals who have disabilities within our care live a “Life without Limits”! UCP of South Carolina provides services and programs for adults with disabilities addressing physical and health needs, encouraging their educational development, and offering opportunities for true integration into the community.
Our mission is to positively support and impact the achievement of a life without limits for people with disabilities.
JOB SUMMARY: Training and care of residents with multiple disabilities, including all areas of daily life.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Engages residents in activities of choice, which reinforces ISP goals.
- Provides transportation and supervision for residents as dictated by individual program.
- Ensures that all information regarding daily activities, problems and needs of residents are recorded properly in daily log.
- Ensures each resident’s personal hygiene and grooming needs are met.
- Provides training and assistance in changing appropriate apparel daily to ensure comfort and well-being for residents.
- Uses appropriate body mechanics to lift, move, and position and provides prescribed exercises and physical care to residents.
- Inspects home at beginning of shift to ensure that home meets all safety requirements, checking for clutter and dangerous objects. B. Corrects deficiencies or submit written report to supervisor outlining deficiencies by end of shift.
- Conducts evacuation drills, both fire and severe weather, as directed by supervisor. Records results of each drill.
- Follow program plan for meeting all potential emergencies and disasters, such as medical, fire, severe weather and missing persons.
- Cleans and sanitizes all appliances, utensils and work surfaces in accordance with the Personal Care Home Rules and Regulations guidelines.
- Cleans cooking surfaces exhaust hoods and oven.
- Disposes of garbage daily sanitizing containers and lids.
- Reports any problem with equipment used by residents to supervisor.
- Cleans and sanitizes bathrooms, kitchen, and telephones daily in accordance with Personal Care Home guidelines.
- Ensures compliance in the area of responsibility during assigned hours with local, state, and federal rules and regulations applying to Personal Care Home and UCP Residential Services.
- Complies with policies and procedures to ensure that confidentiality requirements are upheld.
- Supports and protects the fundamental human, civil, constitutional, and statutory rights of clients and families as defined by agency.
- Reports to work promptly and on time and does not leave work until assigned shift ends or has approval from supervisor.
- Observes policies/procedures governing requests for annual, sick, or other leave time.
- Makes client related entries in daily logs that are legible, dated, authenticated by signature and positions, in ink and without use of symbols or abbreviations.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50lbs.
- Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, On-Call
United Cerebral Palsy of GA
AddressWest Columbia, SC
Personal CareView all jobs at United Cerebral Palsy of GA