The Sales Associate is responsible for performing daily branch and customer service duties; providing customers with efficient and accurate transaction processing; promoting business by providing quality customer service and handling routine customer inquiries; providing customer referrals for products and services on a daily basis and have the ability and desire to interact in a team environment and be willing to contribute to the team efforts.
- Operate with accuracy and efficiency the appropriate core banking systems and a sales associate window as follows:
- Accept deposits, verify cash deposits, endorsements and comply with Regulation CC requirements and bank deposit policies.
- Accept payments for all loans/lines of credit.
- Process the redemption of U.S. Savings Bonds.
- Process night depository, ATM and mail deposits, if applicable.
- Provide additional customer services including processing/issuance of official bank checks and credit card cash advances
- Balance assigned cash daily and maintains strict adherence to security procedures and sole control of cash drawer and assigned cash limits
- Adhere to cash differences/controllable losses policy
- Identify customers, by understanding and obtaining proper documentation of identification, obtains and/or verifies endorsements/payees, cash, and checks/withdrawals/transfers and obtains supervisor approval for authorization at bank-established cash limits, including the determination of the availability of sufficient funds, exclusion of stop payments and holds
- Verify signatures and account ownership as required. Exercises discretion, judgment, and initiative regarding transaction problems and inquiries
- Comply with all department and company policies, procedures and overall security;
- Prepare mandatory currency transaction reports and monetary instrument logs in compliance with Bank Secrecy Act regulations, including adhering to KYC, OFAC, and Information Security policies and procedures.
- Contribute to the responsibility in meeting monthly branch and/or individual scorecard goals on a consistent basis by monitoring self-performance and following action plans
- Ensure delivery of excellent customer service throughout the Bank by adhering to sales and @ your service standards .
- May be responsible for branch opening/closing procedures
- May escort customers to safe deposit boxes in accordance with the Bank’s safe deposit box policy and security procedures
- May assist in opening/closing of branch vaults under dual control
- As needed, order, receive, verify, and distribute cash in accordance with bank policy
- Promote and maintain positive relationships with all internal and external customers
- Contribute to the fulfillment of the Bank’s objectives and goals by performing as a team member in allocating and coordinating the workflow
- Responsible for keeping current and being knowledgeable in order to communicate the Bank’s products and services to clients.
- As business needs arise, ability to open and/or close the Branch and may require working hours outside normal scheduled hours
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Successful completion of the Bank’s in-house Sales Associate Training Program.
- Previous customer service contact experience is highly desired.
- Ability to demonstrate a sales oriented professional demeanor
- Excellent communication skills
Experience in handling money preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel) required
- Understanding and working knowledge of appropriate core banking system is a plus
- Detailed oriented;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Professionalism and confidentiality is essential
- Ability to travel as business necessity arises to other branch locations to ensure proper staffing on a daily basis
- Flexibility on work schedule as business needs arise
- Customer Service
- Interpersonal Skills
- Dependability (Attendance & Punctuality)
- Task Management
- Sitting and standing for extended periods of time.
- Sufficient dexterity of hands and fingers to efficiently operate a computer keyboard, mouse and other computer components.
- Ability to converse and exchange information with all levels of staff within organization.
- Ability to observe, perceive, identify, and translate data
- Ability to travel via airplane, automobile, bus and/or train