Associate Financial Officer
$17.00 - $24.00 Hourly DOE/DOQ
40 hours per week
Type of Position:
POSITION PURPOSE AND SUMMARY
The Accounting Clerk is responsible for assisting the Fiscal Department in the management of its daily operations and monthly objectives. The day to day functions of the Fiscal Department is the timely entry of credit card activity into the general ledger, accounts payable data entry support and monitors all incoming correspondence. Additionally, this position will be taking on duties to support the Fiscal Team in meeting its monthly objectives and performs administrative duties including greeting all persons visiting the Fiscal Department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Greet all persons entering the Fiscal department.
· Provides secretarial, administrative, and accounting support to Fiscal Department.
· Accumulate credit card receipts, reconcile with statement and produce allocation funding schedule.
· Ensure employee credit card expenses are coded properly, records to the general ledger and monitors credit card holder activity on weekly basis.
· Distribute checks and mail.
· Records cash receipts.
· Accounts Payable assistance.
· Compiles weekly cash receipts for deposit.
· Maintain departmental calendar.
· Track report deadlines.
· File, copy, mail, fax and scan documents.
· Maintain and order department supplies.
· Manage company cell phones.
· Keeps the department well informed regarding departmental activities, pending issues, and potential problems.
· Compose internal and external correspondence.
· Assist with Audit preparation.
MINIMUM MANDATORY QUALIFICATIONS
Experience & Qualifications:
· 2-5 years of Accounting support experience.
· Familiar with Accounting Software programs.
· Strong team player with the ability to be flexible while working in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
· Ability to prioritize tasks and possesses an affinity for details and strong data entry skills.
· Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize and organize workflow.
· A self-starter who can work independently and as a team member; who consistently demonstrates professionalism, courtesy, efficiency, excellent internal and external customer service, high ethical standards and behavior that contributes to harmonious relationships.
· Demonstrated ability or willingness to work with culturally diverse populations, youth, and professionals.
· Exceptional customer service attitude.
· Willingness to learn new skills and participate in training sessions relevant to the position.
· High School Diploma or equivalent
Licensing & Certifications:
Patient Care and Customer Service:
· Maintain strict confidentiality of client and personnel information adhering to HIPAA, professional codes of conduct, State of CA regulations, Privacy Act, and UAII policies and procedures.
· Demonstrable ability to communicate effectively and professionally both verbally and in writing.
· Proficient in English.
· Communicate and deal effectively with people in a professional and courteous manner.
· Must have strong proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel. Office equipment; postage, scanner, and photocopying.
· Must have and maintain a current California driver’s license and auto insurance.
· Available and willing to travel as needed.
· Available to work overtime to get the job done.
POSITION QUALIFICATION PREFERENCES
· Associates or college level coursework especially in business/accounting related field.
· Familiarity working within a non-profit environment and understanding contracts & grant requirements, funding sources, and the necessity of allocations.
· Advanced proficiency in MS Office Suite especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and general ledger software programs.
· Knowledge of Indian Self-Determination and Education Assistance Act (Public Law 93-638).
· Experience working with the American Indian community.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an encounter while performing the primary functions of this job. Normal office conditions exist, and the noise level in the work environment can vary from low to moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the primary functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to frequently stand, walk, sit, bend, twist, talk and hear. There are prolonged periods of sitting, keyboarding, reading, as well as driving or riding in transport vehicles. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include reading, distance, computer, and color vision. Talking and hearing are essential to communicate with patients, vendors, and staff.
There are a number of deadlines associated with this position. The employee must also multi-task and interact with a wider variety of people on various and, at times, complicated issues.
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees of United American Involvement, Inc. (UAII) are expected to conform to the following:
· Uphold all principles of confidentiality and patient care to the fullest extent.
· Adhere to all professional and ethical behavior standards of the healthcare and social services industry.
· Interact in an honest, trustworthy and dependable manner with clients, employees, and vendors.
· Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity.
· Meet or exceed the performance standards as set by your supervisor.
· Work independently and as a team member; consistently demonstrates professionalism, courtesy, efficiency, excellent internal and external customer service, high ethical standards and behavior that contribute to harmonious relationships.
UAII has implemented an Indian Preference in Employment Policy. Pursuant to this Policy, applicants who meet the minimum qualifications for this position and who are enrolled members of a federally recognized Tribe will be given primary preference in hiring and employment for this position.
All employees must maintain a current (annual) negative/inactive tuberculosis test/x-ray results on file, have a negative result on a pre-employment drug test, consent to and pass a character investigation as prescribed in P.L. 101-630, section 408 and uphold all principles of confidentiality and patient/client care to the fullest extent. This position has access to sensitive information and a breach of these principles will be grounds for immediate termination.
Disclaimer: The information on this position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performance by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain, or be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position. Employees will be asked to perform other duties as needed.