PAY: $16.00 per hour - $20.00 per hour + $3.00 per hour night shift premium
HOURS: 10pm - 6am; Sunday thru Thursday
REPORTS TO: Director of Quality Assurance
Under the direction of the Manager of Quality Assurance, the Quality Auditor provides support to production and the Quality Management System (QMS) by performing inspection activities to product processed at each stage of operations, ensuring quality specifications adhere to prints/drawing, inspections sheets and travelers. This position will also monitor product identification, calibration and ensure products meet the expectations of the customer
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required
- 2-3 years of experience in a related Quality Function
- The individual must have a solid understanding of metal fabrication concepts and processes.
- The individual must possess a keen sense of attention to detail
- Must be able to determine material types and gages.
- Can read and interpret blueprints
- Must be able to navigate in a Windows based computer environment
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Product testing and Inspection (Visual, Dimensional, Pressure decay, Vacuum decay, etc…)
- Cross Checks of product at each stage of operations to prints/drawings, traveler, inspection sheets, Control Plan and Visual Criteria
- Issue gages to employees and ensure gauges are calibrated and properly identified
- Collection and data entry of inspection results and/or quality records
- Monitoring of gauge inventory and other quality supplies
- Identification and reporting of nonconforming product.
- Ensure product is inspected or tested according to the inspection protocol or plan
- Training of quality expectations to operations personnel when changes to the inspection process have been changed
- Assists with the plant wide communication of Quality Alerts or Quality concerns
- Has the authority to stop production when nonconforming parts are detected
- Assists members of the Quality Department as needed and as time permits
- Other duties as assigned
- Inspection and cross check of tanks, skids, weldments and fabricated parts
- Adherence to the Quality Policy and expectations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Ability to stand, sit, walk, bend, twist, stoop, pull, push, assemble, and carry for extended periods of time. Ability to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds regularly, frequently lift or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds with an assist.
Ability to perform in a manufacturing environment that may have high noise levels, dust, chemicals, oil, and grease. Ability to work in an environment that may be either hot, cold or humid.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Position levels within United Alloy is based on skill set | Hourly compensation is based on experience
Tuition reimbursement assistance for experienced employees
$3.00 Shift Premium for 2nd & 3rd Shifts!!
Competitive benefits package: Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, STD, LTD, Tuition Reimbursement
Several bonus opportunities to earn THOUSANDS of dollars, including Employee Loyalty Program, Referral Program, Perfect Attendance Program and more