Sterile Compounding Technician
- Posted: June 01, 2022
Make a positive impact in the lives and wellbeing of others by choosing a career with United Allergy Services! As a Sterile Compounding Technician, you will work closely with the Pharmacist and other field specialists to assist with the sterile preparation and dispensing of compounded medications.
WHAT OUR TEAM LOVES ABOUT THEIR JOBS:
- Improving the lives of patients is top priority
- Building in depth relationships with department leads and field operation teams
- Generous paid time off, medical, dental and vision insurance; 401(k) retirement plan
- An employee wellness program that promotes and rewards healthy habits
- Works under the direct supervision of the pharmacist.
- Assists with the sterile preparation and dispensing of compounded medications by using appropriate aseptic techniques and following appropriate policies and procedures.
- Ensures all calculations on compounding log sheets are accurate and correct.
- Records and maintains pharmacy temperature, pressure and cleaning logs.
- Performs daily, weekly and monthly cleaning using appropriate cleaning techniques, equipment and disinfectants.
- Monitors inventory levels for re-order of low inventory and expiring chemicals.
- Assists with the training and supervision of new pharmacy technicians.
- Completes all duties as assigned by supervisor or Pharmacist in Charge.
- Knowledge of cleanroom functions, aseptic technique, USP <797>, <800> and other applicable USP chapters.
- Ability to follow all pharmacy Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and monitor for compliance.
- Adheres to appropriate safety and quality assurance practices.
- Complies with all Federal, State and required regulatory agency standards related to Pharmacy.
- Observes legal and ethical guidelines for safeguarding the confidentiality of patient and proprietary pharmacy information. Understands and complies with HIPPA.
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) as required by USP and the Texas State Board of Pharmacy, including but not limited to mask, gloves, gown, hair bonnet, shoe covers and safety glasses.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
High school or equivalent.
LICENSE/CERTIFICATION/REGISTRATION: Current Texas Registered Pharmacy Technician in good standing. ACPE approved IV/Sterile Compounding and Aseptic Technique Certification.
Minimum 2 years of experience in sterile compounding. Strong math skills. Knowledge of Federal, State, and required regulatory agency standards related to pharmacy and sterile compounding including USP <797> and USP <800>.
Preferred working knowledge of PCCA's Compounder Rx (RxDispense). MS office, and the ability to learn other pharmacy software as needed is required.
This facility requires proof of COVID-19 vaccine for all employees. Additional questions can be directed to the HR department.
United Allergy Services
HealthcareView all jobs at United Allergy Services