State Development Director
Unite America Denver, CO
- Posted: over a month ago
Unite America seeks a full-time State Development Director. The State Development Director is responsible for engaging state-based networks of political philanthropists to join us in our mission to improve American democracy.
Note: Applicants for this role will automatically be considered for Development Director.
Unite America is a movement of Democrats, Republicans, and independents who are committed to bridging the growing partisan divide in order to achieve a more representative and functional government. In partnership with a group of major philanthropists we are building an unprecedented donor consortium and philanthropic investment fund to significantly scale and accelerate the democracy reform movement including supporting structural political reforms, pragmatic candidates in both parties primaries, and movement capacity-building. The development team at Unite America is harnessing the power of political philanthropy to scale our movement at an unprecedented rate.
As our State Development Director, you will serve as the architect of state-based cross-partisan donor networks to support our reform candidates and campaigns in individual markets. You will work with our State Directors on our Political team to engage a network of political philanthropists and leaders to join us in our mission and establish self-sustaining revenue streams.
The State Development Director will report to the VP, Investor Relations. The position is based in Denver, CO or Washington, DC though exceptional candidates in other markets may not be required to relocate. This is a full-time role with full benefits.
- Fundraising Strategy in coordination with the state political directors create and execute market specific development plans in 3-5 states.
- Conduct prospective donor and stakeholder research to identify potential investors into the state funds.
- Establish leadership teams in each market.
- Manage an outreach calendar for the state political directors.
- Manage the engagement of state-based consultants.
- Make direct donor solicitations in support of the fund.
- Manage the communications schedule of donors and prospective donors as they move through the donor life cycle: identification, cultivation, solicitation, and donor relations.
- Maintain donor relationships for upgrades, renewals and potential leadership roles
- Manage follow-ups after meetings, such as introductions, invoices, and thank-yous.
- Manage all tracking and reporting in coordination with the Unite America Operations team including the invoicing process.
- Support the planning and execution of events such as fundraisers, investor updates and periodic investor gatherings.
WHO WERE LOOKING FOR
The ideal candidate has a background in political and/or non-profit fundraising including managing a donor pipeline end-to-end. You also have a strategic mindset and effectively prioritize tasks and allocate your time, are adept at holding principal facing relationships and have a track record of being successful in a fast-paced and highly demanding startup environment.
- You have 5+ years relevant work experience, ideally in a political or non-profit capacity.
- You have existing relationships with philanthropists and donors in the political arena.
- You have a record of successfully engaging leadership and Board members in the fundraising process.
- You have a demonstrated ability to multitask, prioritize, and execute at a high level with keen attention to detail.
- You feel energized working in an innovative, fast-paced environment with high expectations.
- You have a very high standard of professionalism and personal integrity.
- You have clean and clear communication in your writing and when speaking to colleagues, and a knack for interfacing with VIPs via email, phone, and in person.
- You have experience working with CRMs and managing donor data.
- Youre excited to actively support & develop Unite Americas vibrant and inclusive culture, as the team grows and the organization gains traction.
- Competitive Compensation (est. $75k-95k)
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Training & Professional Development
- Wellness Resources
- Ideal location: our office headquarters is in the heart of Denver across the street from the state capitol.
- Opportunity to join an inclusive, vibrant, and diverse team with a Rockstar culture!
Unite America focuses on Nonprofits, Politics, Non Profit, Government Innovation, and Non Profits. Their company has offices in Denver and Washington, DC. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees.