Software Systems Engineer
- Over a month ago
Unissant, Inc. is an innovative solutions development and consulting company committed to delivering simplicity through innovation. We meet this commitment by delivering state-of-the-art enterprise computing and processing solutions to both government and commercial clients. Our workforce continually strives to advance (y)our collective intellect through collaborative fortitude, and we are looking for further talent to join that effort! To learn more about our exciting organization, please visit us at www.unissant.com.
We are seeking a Software Systems Engineer to join our team in Ashburn, Virginia.
Qualified applicants may be subject to a security investigation and must meet minimum qualifications for access to classified information. This is a highly technical position; individuals will be screened by peers in a technical review of skills and experience.
Successful applicants must comply with federal contractor vaccine mandate requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Unissant is seeking a Software Systems Engineer for a multi-year contract to support the ongoing modernization and maintenance of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Customs and Border Protection (CBP) information systems.
Duties & responsibilities
- Perform software engineering and integration activities
- Plan, design, and implement intuitive user interface components to be used by a variety of end users.
- Ensures the highest level of systems and infrastructure availability
- Evaluates the existing systems and provide technical direction to IT support staff
- Deals with work process, optimization methods, and risk management tools in the given projects for successful accomplishments according to the requirements of the stakeholders
- Modernize, conceptualize, and design custom software applications.
- Develop wireframes, mockups, and/or prototypes supporting design ideas and effectively communicate ideas to various stakeholders.
- Present UI designs to stakeholders and back up design decisions based on industry best practices, sound design principles, and existing data.
- Work closely with the functional team to determine the feasibility of requirements and collaborate on design ideas and improvements
- Document customers' needs and functionality to be executed in a software development cycle.
- 5+ years of demonstrated software systems engineering experience, preferably working within application developmental projects in the Federal Sector.
- Demonstrated background & experience in software and systems engineering, testing, and requirements analysis
- Experience in managing large/matrixed system development teams, and experience in gathering requirements
- Experience with Agile Development projects and strong working knowledge of Agile/Scrum Methodologies – Knowledge of Jira plans functionality is a plus.
- Experience with developing SELC documents as well as business process flows and process rules/conditions
- Must have experience in the development process of a software system with user interface (UI), especially using, understanding, and tailoring systems engineering concepts, principles, and theories, as well as UI/UX best practices.
- Experience developing low-medium fidelity user interface (UI) mockups
- Must have cloud computing and microservices experience- AWS preferred
- Hands-on experience communicating complex technical concepts and project information to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrated experience exhibiting initiative and an ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must have strong customer service experience.
- Skills and knowledge utilizing JIRA, Confluence, and Microsoft Office Suite, including MS Visio Professional and MS Project Professional, as well as some sort of querying/SQL tool, is a must.
- Must have strong analytical skills with the ability to query databases and understand entity relationship
- Must have knowledge of reading and writing Interface Control Documents (ICDs) for data exchange with other systems
- Be familiar with various formats, such as JSON and XML
- Must be able to perform project reviews and manage project commitments.
- Must be a team player, self-motivated, self-starter, and a quick learner.
- Must possess the ability to complete multiple tasks and projects within deadlines.
- Must have excellent problem-solving, analytical, and documentation skills.
- Must be able to work in a flexible team environment performing many independent tasks in a hybrid work environment.
- Demonstrate excellent relationship-building and management skills; be organized and able to focus on time management, customer engagement, and communications.
- Bachelor's Degree in Software Design, Information Systems, Engineering, or other related discipline required
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
- This federal program requires the candidates to be a United States Citizen
- Must have a current CBP BI clearance or be eligible to obtain one.
- Any related software systems engineering, or related technical certifications are desired
- Must have excellent writing and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to manage multiple customer requests simultaneously.
- Solid ability to interface, inspire and motivate at various levels of the organization.
- Ability to convey technical information to non-technical individuals.
- Demonstrated experience communicating effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Must work well in a matrixed team environment.
- Willing to travel occasionally as needed (up to 10%)
- Mainly sedentary; in an office environment
- May be required to lift to ten (10) pounds
- Flexible in working extended hours
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Unissant management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, where applicable and available, reasonable accommodation(s) may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of this position.
Please note: Candidate(s) will be required to go through pre-employment screening.
Unissant, Inc. is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer! (EOE; M/F/Disability/Vets)
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
TechnologyView all jobs at Unissant
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?