Health IT Program Director
Unissant Washington, DC
- Expired: November 04, 2020. Applications are no longer accepted.
Unissant, Inc.is an innovative solutions development and consulting company committed to delivering simplicity through innovation. We meet this commitment by delivering state-of-the-art enterprise computing and processing solutions to both government and commercial clients. Our workforce continually strives to advance y(our) collective intellect through collaborative fortitude, and we are looking for further talent to join that effort!To learn more about our exciting organization, please visit us at.unissant
Unissant is looking for a Health IT Program Director to join our team and support our client inthe Washington DC Metro Area. The Program Director must have technical project management experience with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services or related health project management experience. An ideal candidate will be responsible for all relevant program(s) oversight, resource management, risk management, service delivery, customer relationship management, service operations, and incident management.
*This position is contingent upon contract award:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Program Director will lead a team of senior, experienced staff, providing services to Unissant's customer.
- Program Director will develop, update and maintain the program plan to ensure timely delivery of IT, consulting or other services and adequate resource allocation.
- The candidate will manage P&L, budgets and forecast through financial controls as well as establish and implement metrics and key performance indicators to manage various projects and report results to senior management and the customer.
- Responsible for management, manpower utilization, and supervision of employees (including subcontractors) of various labor categories and skills across projects.
- Work with government contractors, Contracting Officer Representatives for oversight and milestone delivery of projects.
- Effectively communicate and keep Unissant management and client stakeholders aware of project status, budget utilization, issues, risks, and successes. Escalate critical items appropriately.
- Identify critical success factors at onset and throughout program lifecycle and ensure removal of barriers to success.
- Responsible for subcontract management.
- Elicit and understand the client's business needs and mission, define requirements, write user stories, and manage a product backlog and develop prototypes for the proposed solution
- Collaborate with developers and test engineers to ensure teams understand the customer's functional and technical requirements
- Identify and understand customer expectations as part of the requirements gathering process and act as the primary point of contact for all communication needs during the requirements gathering phase with the customer
- Organize and facilitate the product release by following all the governance standards.
- Must have at least 10 years of experience in leading medium to large mission critical IT projects in a healthcare setting.
- Must have at least 5 years of experience leading/managing IT projects in support of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) or other health focused federal government agency
- Strong experience interfacing with clients at the management level, and have proven experience managing client expectations & relationships
- Demonstrate proven track record to identify potential operational and process risks and formulate/implement effective mitigation plans
- Experience in developing and maintaining plans such as Program Management Plan, Monthly Progress Report (MPR), Subcontractor Expenditures Plan
- Experience in supporting systems utilizing COTS products in both Infrastructure and Application Development environments
- Experience with agile development methodologies and leading teams in delivering in an agile development environment
- Experience with implementing Human Centered Design concepts
- Hands-on experience with JIRA, MS Office, especially Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge and understanding of Medicaid and Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) desirable
- Knowledge and understanding of Medicaid Pharmacy programs and data desirable
- Enthusiastic, proactive, positive attitude with great listening skills and high integrity
- Ability to teach, grow and coach a team.
- Ability to think and act strategically and proactively
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational skills, strong attention to detail
- Able to work under pressure (at times) and to be extremely flexible under changing priorities
- Stakeholder Management, Negotiation & Communication Skills
- Able to find innovative ways to solve problems
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or another pertinent field required
Certificates, Licenses & Registrations:
- Project Management Professional (PMP) desired
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or other agile certifications highly desired
- Mainly sedentary; in an office environment.
- May be required to lift up to ten (10) pounds
- Flexible in working extended hours
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Unissant management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, where applicable and available, reasonable accommodation(s) may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of this position.
Please note: Candidate(s) will be required to go through pre-employment screening.
Unissant, Inc. is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer! (EOE; M/F/D/V)