Unisource Worldwide, Inc San Diego, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are searching for an experienced software engineer. The candidate will be responsible for applying software development skills and methodology to fill gaps in our overall solution portfolio. Rather than performing extensive ground up development of systems, our efforts will center on creatively integrating disconnected systems while filling in functional gaps as needed.
- Design and implement tier-1 microservices in Java and/or Scala.
- Implement asynchronous processes to run in the cloud for various data transformation operations.
- Work on tech design for various initiatives and projects as per business needs.
- Be involved in code reviews and architecture reviews for team members.
- Participate in Agile methodology and SCRUM processes such as Sprint Planning, Backlog grooming, Daily Standups, and Retrospectives with the team.
- Provide on-call support for critical services on a rotational basis.
- Own features/functionality and deliver projects end-to-end with high quality and robust architecture.
- Communicate and work with multi-functional business partners.
- Ramp up on new domains and technologies.
- BS Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years of work experience in object-oriented programming languages. Python and/or C# preferred.
- Familiar with software design & architecture
- Experience in architecting and developing RESTful APIs, managing web-services hosted on cloud infrastructure, and scaling distributed systems.
- Familiarity with SQL and/or NoSQL data storage technologies (such as SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Azure CosmosDB, MongoDB) and distributed caching storage (such as Redis) is a bonus.
- Familiar with Git and CI/CD best practices
- Experience with analytics or other data-manipulation software is a plus
Unisource Worldwide, Inc
6815 Flanders DrSan Diego, CA
TechnologyView all jobs at Unisource Worldwide, Inc