Territory Account Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
The Territory Account Manager is responsible for developing and maintaining current account relationships. Additionally will be responsible for increasing sales and the customer base within the assigned region. Must live within the Midwest region, prefer either Illinois or Indiana.
Must be authorized to work in U.S.A. The company is not able to sponsor visas at this time.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Represent and sell successfully Uniroyal’s entire CORE, industrial and automotive product portfolio. Their responsibility is to sell our quality products at competitive pricing. Customer base include diverse industries in automotive, furnishing, hotels, restaurants, marine products, and many commercial and industrial use of vinyl coated fabrics.
- Ensure that new product launches are successful and the features/benefits are communicated and explained to key decision making customers and specifiers. Work closely with key customers within the Architecture & Design, Hotel, and National Accounts segments to present the Naugahyde® benefits and get our products placed into their “standards program” which represents long term sales for the brand. Work closely with OEM and Industrial customers, to better understand their performance and processing requirements and then act as the key liaison with our R& D team to identify the product(s) that best meet their requirements. Act as facilitator / liaison between R & D and customer in developing new products to best meet their production and performance requirements.
- Maintain complete knowledge of each account's current and long term purchase plans and objectives. Work proactively to maintain current accounts, and to respond to changes. Keep management informed of all changes in plans, objectives and buying influences.
- Work closely with customers to identify ways of improving their production in using our products and also helping them to value engineer competitive products and converting them to Uniroyal. Effectively manage current customers while developing new client relationships with key decision makers.
- Develop and implement strategic plans with management to identify key conversions, new product developments and to focus on sales growth activities that will meet sales budgets. Increase market share. Coordinate with management to establish target pricing. Establish new programs with current customers.
- Maximize new opportunities. Strategically manage and add to our existing customer base that blends with Uniroyal’s product portfolio. Build and establish a targeted prospect list for future business. Continually investigate into any possible leads that may result in new business. Record and manage all leads in Salesforce.
- Respond to customers concerns on quality of product in a timely and efficient manner. Jointly solve issues that pertain to our customers and/or internal matters.
- Provide sales updates and reports on a regular basis to the Uniroyal senior management team. Be involved in identifying possible new markets, corporate relationships, and joint ventures.
Experience, Skills and Abilities
- Strong sales presentation, excellent oral and written communication. Also, would include time management, territory management and excellent organization skills.
- Must be able to work independently and be a self-motivated with little supervision needed. Staying organized is important, and be diligent in follow up activities, new product development and visiting new customers.
- The job requires excellent communication and presentation skills. Fundamental to the position is general business knowledge and business savvy. General knowledge of the manufacturing process is helpful.
- Basic accounting skills are necessary to complete quote proposals.
- Ability to work independently and think on one’s feet is essential.
- Creativity and an innovative mindset will help strategic problem solving.
- Possessing people skills and effective communication are at the core of this position.
- Must be able to establish long-term relationships with customer executives and have a positive attitude and a win-win mentality. Develop strategic sales and marketing objectives, establish quotas, and manage budgets. Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to track progression of daily sales activities
- Exceptional follow through skills to ensure customer communications are timely
Education and Technical Requirements
- Bachelor Degree in Business or Marketing preferred
- Three years’ experience in an outside sales role
- Prefer candidates with automotive or plastics sales experience
- Prefer candidates with SAP experience
- Monday – Friday | 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM (core business hours)
All candidates must be willing to submit to any job-related background check, medical exam and drug screen that are required during the hiring process.
Uniroyal Engineering Products LLC
BusinessView all jobs at Uniroyal Engineering Products LLC