Senior Industrial Designer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Industrial Designer for our growing company. The ideal candidate will have experience in designing manufacturable consumer-based products, is a creative thinker, strong problem solver and has excellent communication skills. Product Designer responsibilities include driving inspiration and ideation for new and updated products, defining product specifications, and partnering with our overseas teams to source functional, cost-effective items. To be successful in this role you should love working with a team and on your own to create problem solving products with an emphasis on function and practicality. Ultimately, you will help us build products that are fun, easy to use and make the at home cooking experience better!
- Creating product presentations for national retailers
- Identifying opportunities for new products and categories
- Analyzing how a new product ties in with market needs and consumer preferences
- Setting design requirements based on briefs from internal and external partners
- Manage and improve the design of existing product portfolio
- Research product materials and techniques
- Manage product documentation
- Use 3D modeling software to design products and components
- Produce prototypes and test functionality
- Work directly with/report to Chief Innovation Officer to develop short and long term strategies for product design and innovation
- Help create new or update existing packaging dielines
- Work closely with graphic designer to influence consumer packaging and branding
Skills & Abilities:
- Experience in retail consumer goods
- Strong understanding of manufacturing techniques including sheet metal, stamping, casting, injection molding, cut and sew
- Experience with overseas sourcing and project management
- Hand-on experience with Solid Works or other CAD tools
- Good knowledge of 3D rendering software (e.g., Keyshot)
- Experience with Adobe Suite design programs
- Experience with project management software (e.g., Trello, Asana, Jira)
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Understanding of retail and direct to consumer packaging
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in a field of design
- 5+ years of experience as a Product Designer or similar role
This is a full-time position with medical benefits, paid holidays and PTO. This is a hybrid position, largely working from home with two days a week in Emeryville office. Salary based on experience.
Union Square Group LLC
Arts and Entertainment
Get fresh Industrial Product Designer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.