UCG Inc. (UCG) is a fast-growing cannabis consulting company, and is opening its main offices in Sebastopol, California. UCG owns the popular Dabstract brand of concentrate products that is currently in hundreds of stores in Washington and expanding to California and other states.
UCG is expanding its staff and its business across the country! We’re building a great team of people, with an outstanding company culture.
Office Manager Job Responsibilities:
- Supports general company operations by maintaining office systems and supervising staff.
- Maintains office services by organizing office operations and procedures, preparing payroll, maintaining correspondence, designing filing systems, tracking inventory and ordering, managing order and fulfillment, reviewing and approving supply requisitions, and assigning and monitoring clerical functions.
- Review, manage and process accounts payable and receivable, and manage processing system for same including monthly payments, compiling data into spreadsheets or other data tracking, and invoicing.
- Provide historical reference by defining procedures for retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of records.
- Maintains office efficiency by planning and implementing office systems and data room management.
- Arrange for the company’s events, travel and lodging (including for corporate team, employees and third parties).
- Oversee the company’s informational and customer service accounts and report, assist and resolve all customer inquiries and complaints.
- Manage and assist the company and its staff in respect of health and other insurance.
- Design and implement office policies by establishing standards, procedures and policies.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees, following up on work results.
- Keeps management informed by reviewing and analyzing special reports, summarizing information, and identifying trends.
- Assists the company management’s outside advisors and consultants in preparation and submission of corporate and tax filings and reporting.
- Assist with identifying and conducting due diligence on prospective employees and contractors, including preparing job descriptions and postings, conducting background checks, and managing other employment documents and disclosures.
- Maintains office staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Manage HR software and platform.
- Assist executive management team in respect of financial matters by preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Put together monthly royalty invoice from sales numbers using Excel and Quickbooks.
Start date: immediate. The standard work hours will be 20-30 hours per week, and pay is commensurate with experience. The employee will be required to work at the office for set blocks of time 2-4 days per week, and depending on the candidate, from home for a certain number of hours per week. Employee benefits dependent on potential candidate’s work arrangement with the company.
Office Manager Qualifications / Skills:
- Supply management
- Strong teamworking skills
- Tracking budget expenses
- Attention to Detail
- Strong writing ability
- Managing processes
- Supervisory/managerial skills
- Developing standards
- Promoting process improvement
- Inventory control
- Reporting skills
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Associate, bachelors, technical or equivalent degree
- 2+ years’ experience in an office manager or administrator setting
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (particularly Microsoft Excel) and other office software (such as HR management software, time-keeping software, payroll software)
- Experience with scheduling, budgeting and payroll
- Advanced computer skills, including QuickBooks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfort with fast-paced and ever-changing environment