- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are Union Bank of Mena where our people and community come first! The Bank invests in their neighborhoods, schools, civic organizations, and businesses because we all work together to meet the challenges of tomorrow and realize the dreams of today.
ARE YOU READY TO SUCCEED?
The Loan Officer is responsible for soliciting, negotiating, underwriting, and coordinating the closing of loans in compliance with the Bank's lending policies and procedures. Under general supervision, but in accordance with established lending policies and procedures, this role receives, reviews, and underwrites applications for consumer and commercial credit.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, FUNCTIONS, AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage a portfolio of loans, including collection efforts.
- Originate and underwrite loan requests; analyze applicant financial status and credit to determine the feasibility of granting loans that meet established lending criteria and fall within approved lending limits.
- Obtain and compile copies of loan applicants' credit histories, corporate financial statements, and other financial information.
- Meet with applicants to obtain information for loan applications and to answer questions about the process.
- Analyze applicants' financial status, credit, and property evaluations to determine the feasibility of granting loans.
- Explain to customers the different types of loans and credit options that are available, as well as the terms of those services.
- Review loan agreements to ensure that they are complete and accurate according to policy.
- Analyze loan information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Assess and analyze the financial status of clients.
- Gather financial records and authorize financial actions and interpret financial information for others.
- Interview clients to gather financial information and explain financial information to clients.
- Drive to and inspect job sites for documenting appropriate progression of the construction project.
- Maintain a high level of cooperation and rapport with all teammates to ensure accurate and efficient operations and service.
- Remain informed on changes to local, state, and federal regulations and policy updates and procedures.
- Volunteer to assist with community events to build relationships with customers and prospects, and positively promote Union Bank of Mena.
- Develop business from potential and existing customers.
- Use sound judgment in the application of bank standards, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain and stay abreast of Security policies and procedures.
- Exhibit exemplary attendance and punctuality.
- Comply with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND RELATED EXPERIENCE
- A bachelor's degree in General Business, Banking, Finance, Accounting, or a similar field is preferred.
- Prior lending experience in a banking environment preferred.
- Current NMLS SAFE Act Registration or the ability to be registered within thirty (30) days is required.
- A valid driver's license and the ability to be covered under the bank's auto insurance are required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of principles of lending and loan compliance.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services.
- Understanding of accounting and financial statements.
- Proficiency in utilizing Microsoft Office Suite and financial software programs.
- The ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
- The ability to adapt and manage multiple assignments while working independently.
Union Bank of Mena
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Investment Underwriter jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.