Vice President of Women's Banking
- Posted: 7 days ago
Position Summary: The Vice President will create and oversee the Women’s Banking division and is devoted to serving women in Lincoln, Omaha, and a large metropolitan area outside of Nebraska. This division will be the point of contact for women needing personal banking services, business loans, investments, and estate planning and heavily emphasize lending while helping customers connect with other areas of the bank as needed. This professional is a seasoned business banking lender capable of soliciting, underwriting, structuring, pricing, and servicing business loans as well as understands the UBT loan policy and procedures, commercial deposit accounts, cash management, ACH policies, letters of credit and credit cards.
- Establish a business plan for the Women’s Banking division.
- Detail each type of team member needed and how/when each member will be recruited.
- Analyze large metropolitan areas to determine the best location for a Women’s Banking professional team.
- Proforma Profit and Loss documentation.
- Create a marketing plan that indicates the best approach for this market segment, how to brand UBT in the market, and the materials to use.
- Recruit and retain a high functioning team.
- Establish a Women’s Banking team website that will feature this new UBT division.
- Coordinate and establish a physical location in a large metropolitan area outside of Nebraska.
- Network and build relationships that result in closed loans and other banking products for the Women’s Banking group, with a heavy emphasis on soliciting business.
- Leverage existing experts within the bank to assist with recognizing the depth and breath of talented women that are here to serve them within the Lincoln and Omaha markets.
- Knowledge of loan policy and procedures, commercial deposit accounts, cash management, ACH policies, letters of credit, credit cards and other bank products.
- Properly interview lending applicants, assessing their business needs, abilities, and potential.
- Responsible for the process of analyzing, structuring, pricing, and negotiating of credit requests.
- Conduct credit checks and makes plant or company visits as necessary.
- Make sound credit decisions on loans and terms within lending authority and loan policy parameters or provides quality loan presentation summaries with recommendations to appropriate lending authorities.
- Work directly with Lincoln loan assistants to produce accurate loan documents, secure proper file documentation, and perform timely follow-up with customers while ensuring complete compliance with loan terms.
- Oversee loan terms, proper loan ratings, timely past due management, and problem loan detection.
- Call on potential or existing customers and introduce customers to other departments when a service can be rendered.
- Oversee assigned business bank accounts and address overdrafts that may occur.
- Participate in community activities that promote the interests of Union Bank.
- Ensure subordinates are trained and comply with bank policy, laws, and regulations applicable to their roles. Monitor subordinates’ adherence to internal controls and take action to address employee performance issues.
- Understand and adhere to all bank policies, laws, and regulations applicable to the role. Complete compliance training. Follow internal processes and controls as required.
- Report all compliance issues, violations of law or regulations in accordance with the steps defined in bank policies.
- Regular and reliable attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Perform other job-related duties or special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, or related field required.
- Seasoned Business Banking Lending experience required.
- Strong knowledge of loan policy and procedures, commercial deposit accounts, cash management and other bank products.
- Proficient in Excel, Microsoft Word and in working with other bank software.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Self-directed and takes initiative
- Strong decision-making skills
- Sales oriented
- Effective communicator-written and verbal
- Independent and deadline driven
- High level of analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Sedentary work, occasional lifting and/or carrying up to twenty pounds.
- Indoor work not exposed to outdoor elements or hazards.
- Some travel required.
- This role is eligible for hybrid work from home opportunity under the work from home guidelines upon completion of onboarding
PLEASE VIEW THE APPLICANT TERMS & CONDITIONS BEFORE PROCEEDING WITH YOUR APPLICATION.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Powered by JazzHR
Union Bank and Trust Company
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?