Unigen, a leading DRAM and SSD module manufacturer, is looking for a Lead Hardware Design Engineer. As a key member of our dynamic engineering team, the Lead Hardware Design Engineer will be responsible for volatile (DDR3/4) and non-volatile memory modules (NAND) flash-based memory product design, development, testing and qualification; build prototypes and verify designs based on software and hardware requirements. Located in Unigen Headquarters at Newark, CA.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
• Architect, design and develop Flash-based SSD and DRAM (DDR3/4) modules and Networking daughter boards such as PCIe switches, interposers and backplanes;
• Responsible for full EVT cycle of designed products;
• Responsible for ODM design efforts including design and verification based on customer custom design or reference design;
• Provide technical expertise and implement solutions during the design and EVT phase;
• Assure product quality by documenting critical measurements, QA/QC testing methods, and functional testing instructions for the finished products;
• Produce, review and communicate architectural documents, schematics, PCB files, block diagrams, BOM’s and prototype test plan;
• Provide field service support to troubleshoot electrical systems in both prototypes and installed products;
• Program/write and configure firmware code, PLD or other related hardware specific code;
• Perform initial hardware check-out and debug, hands-on bring-up testing and validation of boards designed;
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Job Qualifications and Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Master's degree in Electrical Engineering preferred,
• Hardware design experience in developing high performance computing memory and data storage products,
• Demonstrated DDR3/4 memory DIMM design and simulation experience,
• Working knowledge of the following interface standards and architectures – DDR3/4, SAS, SATA, PCIe, Toggle, ONFI, NVMe,
• Experience with OrCAD schematic capture and Cadence Allegro PCB layout tool is required,
• Able to produce or guide PCB layout designer from placement to finish independently,
• SI/PI simulation tools such as Hyperlynx a plus with strong understanding of SI for optimal PCB routing and layout,
• Experience with HyperLynx DDRx wizard and memory SI/timing debug,
• Experience with signal and power integrity measurement using oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, spectrum analyzers, protocol analyzers & DVMs,
• Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Understanding EVT requirement is a must. DVT or PVT knowledge is a plus.