Power Generator- Diesel/Gas Technician
- Over a month ago
- $32 to $38 Hourly
- Benefits: vision, 401k, dental, life insurance, medical,
If you are a highly skilled Generator/Diesel Technician in the power generation industry with excellent mechanical & electrical capabilities for servicing diesel and/or natural gas engines, generators, and automatic transfer switches of various power generation equipment (e.g., CAT / Caterpillar; Cummins; Generac; Kohler; etc.), at various customer sites, you are well-liked and respected by your customers and your peers, you have a strong work ethic, and you enjoy your work, especially the open road with a lot of variety.
Let’s talk! Because when top talent joins our growing company and our amazing team, they usually receive a salary increase, and a hiring bonus up to $5,000. Ongoing education via our web portal, Unified Power University, and at our World-Class Training Center. Opportunity for career advancement within our growing organization. Competitive benefits including but not limited to: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) Company Match, Company Paid Life Insurance, Company Paid Short- & Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and much more!. Also, Company-provided credit card to cover work related travel expenses, Company-provided cell phone, Company-provided vehicle. You will also have full access to our team of full-time Technical Support Engineers, and our multi-million-dollar spare parts center.
We are Unified Power! Our 200+ employees provide preventive maintenance, demand maintenance, and emergency services for over 7,000 customers across the USA including federal, state, and local governments, telecommunications companies, cable television & broadband providers, data center operators, hospitals, and many others.
Don’t wait, submit your resume to this job posting now! and one of our Human Resource professionals will be in contact with you quickly. And of course, your information will be held strictly confidential.
- Must have electrical and mechanical aptitude, relating to diesel and/or natural gas engines, generators, and automatic transfer switches
- Previous experience working with power generation equipment such as: diesel generators, gaseous generators, etc. [CAT / Caterpillar; Cummins; Generac; Kohler; etc.]
- Must be available and willing to work various shifts, weekend, holidays, and respond to emergency calls as needed.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and provide proof of insurance eligibility
- Basic computational skills, including the use of a laptop as it pertains to receiving correspondence and service tickets, as well as proficiency using Microsoft Office products and Adobe Reader.
- Travel to customer site and perform scheduled preventative maintenance and repairs on a variety of state-of-the-art diesel and natural gas generators [CAT / Caterpillar; Cummins; Generac; Kohler; etc.]
- Accurately troubleshoot and diagnose power generation equipment, including problems with Automatic Transfer Switches (ATS), and generator controls AC and DC.
- Travel to customer site within required response time to perform, diagnose, and repair emergency maintenance on generator equipment.
- Complete required documentation timely and accurately, using the company computer system(s) and properly assess & report urgency of all needed repairs.
- Interact with customer in a professional and courteous manner.
- Excellent Salary!
- Ongoing education via our web portal, Unified Power University, and at our World-Class Training Center.
- Competitive benefits including but not limited to:
- 401(k) Company Match
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Company Paid Short- & Long-Term Disability
- Paid Time Off
- Company-provided credit card to cover work related travel expenses
- Company-provided cell phone
- Company-provided vehicle
- Opportunity for career advancement within our growing organization
OUR CORPORATE VALUES
- SAFETY FIRST - ‘Safety Doesn’t Happen by Accident!’
- PERSONAL INTEGRITY & ACCOUNTABILITY – ‘In All We Do!’
- KNOCK-THEIR-SOCKS-OFF – ‘Customer Satisfaction Always!’
- BEST-IN-CLASS – ‘Employee Career Satisfaction!’
- SUSTAINED, PROFITABLE GROWTH FOCUS!
EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V
Unified Power is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital or veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
Our clients trust our well-trained field service & support staff to deliver world-class service while maintaining critical power infrastructure. Our professional staff is expertly trained in providing our clients with critical power solutions in many industries including datacenters, telecommunications, cable television, broadband internet, healthcare, government, and education institutions.
Unified PowerWhy Work Here?
Awsome Team, excellent opportunity for professional growth!
Unified Power Company is a premier national service provider, providing services to Uninterrupted Power Supply Units, Generators, DC Plants, PDU’s and other critical power equipment to more than 7,000 customers across the country. Our clients trust our well-trained field service & support staff to deliver world-class service while maintaining critical power infrastructure. Our professional staff is expertly trained in providing our clients with critical power solutions in many industries including datacenters, telecommunications, cable television, broadband internet, healthcare, government, and education institutions.
Websitehttp://unifiedpowerusa.com/ View all jobs at Unified Power
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?