As one of the final checkpoints between buyer and manufacturer, a Packer will perform several important functions. They must ensure that all items are assembled appropriately. Any defective items must be discarded according to company procedures.
Packers are responsible for ensuring that items make it safely to their destinations. They must securely seal each container. Packers must keep a clean work area and observe all company safety standards.
Packer Job Responsibilities:
- Pack, weigh, and label completed items for shipment or storage.
- Follow all company guidelines regarding packaging.
- Identify and dispose of defective items.
- Properly use packaging materials, including hand tools, glues, nails, padding, etc.
- Keep complete records of all materials that go through the warehouse.
- Maintain a clean work area.
- High School Diploma/ GED.
- Experience in manufacturing or related field is preferred.
- Willingness to work overtime (over 40 hrs/wk)
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Strong communication skills and desire to work with other team members and leadership.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $14.00 to $15.50 /hour