Social Media Coordinator
UnidosUS Washington, DC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Social Media Coordinator will work with the Communications and Marketing component and members of the Design and Brand team on program development and implementation. The Social Media Coordinator is responsible for planning, implementing, and monitoring the organization’s social media strategy to increase brand awareness, improve marketing efforts and support of key marketing communications and organizational goals. This person will execute campaigns, work with copywriters and designers to ensure content is produced in a timely manner, and partnership across all social channels. Success in this role will require the ability to effectively collaborate across teams and components. This position reports to the Director of Digital Marketing and will be based in Washington, DC.
• Post, schedule, and assist with the content management system, maintain assets, and content scheduling.
• Assist in developing social content calendars.
• Develop original content for daily posts and campaigns across platforms.
• Support tracking and reporting results, as well as help analyze impact of social media initiatives on various KPIs (i.e., followers, growth trends, campaign successes); suggest optimization tactics.
• Identify and propose innovative social media ideas in support of key program or organizational goals.
• Stay up to date with the latest social media best practices and technologies.
• Use social media marketing and listening tools such as Talkwalker, TweetDeck, Sprout Social, etc., to monitor social trends, newsmakers, influencers, and content.
• Work with copywriters and designers to ensure content is produced in a timely manner and that content is informative and appealing.
• Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders.
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or related field.
• Three (3) to four (4) years of experience as a Social Media Coordinator or similar role preferred.
• Expert proficiency with Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and other social platforms.
• Experience using social media marketing and listening tools such as Talkwalker, TweetDeck, Sprout Social, or similar programs, and familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite.
• Steadfast commitment to UnidosUS mission, vision, and values (Excellence, Respect, Accountability).
• Familiarity and commitment with the U.S. Latino community, Latino nonprofit organizations, and the Latino market a plus.
• Experience working across different teams to inform and produce content.
• Strong grasp of social media best practices and emerging platforms.
• Understanding of social media metrics and related KPIs. • Excellent multitasking and strong time management skills.
• Critical thinker with attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
• Team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Commitment to excellence and high standards.
• Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
• Acute attention to detail.
• Bilingual (Spanish/English) skills a plus, but not a requirement.
UnidosUSWhy Work Here?
Awesome CEO, great benefits and opportunity to make a difference in the communities we serve!
UnidosUS, previously known as NCLR (National Council of La Raza), is the nation’s largest Hispanic civil rights and advocacy organization. Through its unique combination of expert research, advocacy, programs, and an Affiliate Network of nearly 300 community-based organizations across the United States and Puerto Rico, UnidosUS simultaneously challenges the social, economic, and political barriers that affect Latinos at the national and local levels. For more than 50 years, UnidosUS has united communities and different groups seeking common ground through collaboration, and that share a desire to make our community stronger.
BusinessView all jobs at UnidosUS