Quality Assurance Manager
- $90,000 to $100,000 Yearly
The Quality Manager leads the Quality and Customer Service Department. Responsible for establishing corporate quality assurance system and promotes customer satisfaction that positively impacts the financial performance of the Company. Reinforces the lSO 9001 and AS9120 standards, adheres to EHS safety protocols. Responsible for creating, cultivating, and driving a culture of Continuous Improvements and Operational Excellence. Responsible for establishing an import/export compliance program and a team that will work with various departments to enforce policies and processes.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the team.
- Champion the development and deployment of all the quality projects within the company.
- Coordinate/collaborate with internal functional leaders to identify, prioritize, and solve problems to support achievement of site goals, objectives and external resources.
- Serves as Management Representative for obtaining and maintaining quality certifications (ISO 9001/AS9120)
- Establish and monitor KPIs for quality and On time delivery performance
- Act as the Management Representative which oversee the AS9100 and ISO9001 health.
- Exhibit strong leadership, communication and problem-solving skills while leading the Quality Assurance department toward company goals and objectives.
- Perform audits and root-cause analysis.
- Further develop the Quality Management System, implement, manage, and integrate for continuous improvement.
- Design, implement and document procedures for process control, process improvement, and inspection.
- Oversee and administer the Internal Quality Audit Program.
- Communicate with customers and government quality representatives on quality issues.
- Perform surveillance, source inspections, and first article inspections at supplier facilities, foreign or domestic and/or monitor the inspection system performance throughout the organization.
- Maintain supplier development efforts, and establish a strong supplier quality program for commercial suppliers.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of export laws, regulations, policies and procedures including but limited to: Export Administration Regulations
- Must be able to interface with the following government agencies: Directorate of Defense Trade Control (DDTC), Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS), Office of Export Enforcement, U.S. Census Bureau, Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), and Customs and Border Protection.
- Demonstrated ability and knowledge of classifying aerospace parts and components under both the EAR and ITAR.
- Understand various regulations from the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) including but not limited to: 22 CFR 120-130; 15 CFR 730-774; 15 CFR 730-774; 15 CFR 30; 31 CFR 500; 27 CFR 400-699; 19 CFR 0-199.
- Perform legislative and regulatory impact analysis and provide guidance and exercise judgment on any shipment of concern.
- Review and approve export license.
- Maintain complete and accurate documentation and record of export and custom related activities, including records of all technical data transfers.
- Ensure that records are maintained for the required period of time.
- Develop and coordinate internal training programs pertaining to Trade Compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Act as primary contact for export compliance activities and issues with internal and external sources.
- Act as an Empowered Official regarding licensing and compliance issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Establish and implement metrics for monitoring system effectiveness to allow managers to make sound product quality decisions
- High school diploma/GED required.
- Bachelor/master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 year experience in Warehouse Operations, Quality Assurance, Customer Service and Export Compliance.
- Basic computer skills and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- In-depth understanding and knowledge of U.S. Import/Export laws (International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Export Administration Regulations (EAR).
- In-depth understanding and knowledge of AS9100/ISO9001 Quality Management System
- Good with verbal and written communication
- A US Person status as defined by ITAR Regulations.
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to prioritize project for completion in timely manner.
Supervision, Safety Management, Dependability, Reporting Skills, Analyzing, Problem Solving, Time Management, Risk and Root Cause Analysis, Interpersonal Skills,
Ability to constantly stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, bend, for extended periods of time.
Occasional lifting requirement up to 50 lbs.
Ability to work in an warehouse office environment.
Travel maybe required between Unical and its sister companies, vendor/forwarder facilities.
Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
Unical Aviation, Inc. is coming to Metro Phoenix!!! By June 2023 the Unical headquarters will be relocating to Glendale, Arizona. Now is the time to become part of this newly established headquarters team, and work out of our world-class, newly built facility. Help us create, transition, and enhance our headquarters operations and functionality.
Are you excited to join a dynamic and fast growing team? We provide competitive pay, unparalleled company benefits, and tremendous growth opportunities. Come see what it means to be part of our family.
Competitive pay, unparalleled company benefits, tremendous growth opportunities. Sky’s the limit at Unical Aviation. Come join our family!
The Unical group of companies supply aircraft parts and components to over 3,500 aviation customers around the globe. From our two FAA and EASA Certified Repair Stations to our engineering/manufacturing of non-OEM, FAA-approved aircraft parts, we bring 30 years of experience and capabilities across the full spectrum of the aircraft spares supply chain. Unical Aviation, Inc. is now in Phoenix, AZ! Unical headquarters has relocated to Glendale, Arizona. Now is the time to become part of this newly established headquarters team, and work out of our world-class, newly built facility. Help us create, transition, and enhance our headquarters operations and functionality. Are you excited to join a dynamic and fast-growing team? We provide competitive pay, unparalleled company benefits, and tremendous growth opportunities. Come see what it means to be part of our family.
Unical Aviation, Inc.Glendale, AZ
WebsiteView All Unical Aviation, Inc. Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.