The Aircraft Mechanic will be responsible for the maintenance, preventative maintenance and disassembly of commercial and rotary wing aircraft manufactured by Boeing, McDonnell Douglas, Airbus, Bombardier and Sikorsky aircrafts. This position will assist with aircraft storage, inspection and maintenance as well as disassembly of an aircraft from top to bottom, removing aircraft components that we are able to collect, inspect, repair, overhaul and sell.
• Disassemble and remove commercial aircraft components in accordance with company, FAA and other regulatory agencies policies and procedures
• Will be cross utilized to perform maintenance and preventative maintenance under the 145 Repair Station for both Rotary Wing and Fixed Wing aircrafts.
• Maintain the airworthiness of the aircraft and all of its components while in service or while undergoing overhaul or modifications
• Ensure maintenance activities are performed correctly
• Operate a variety of tools in the process of assembling, disassembling, repairing and installing aircraft parts
• Perform routine maintenance on both Rotary Wing and Fixed Wing aircrafts
• Responsible for servicing, inspecting and maintaining the aircraft, aircraft engines and associated components.
• Must effectively perform work to meet deadlines and performance goals
• Troubleshoot systems; disassembles, repairs and re-assembles sections and components to maintain full functioning equipment according to technical data provided by the customer
• May be cross utilized to disassemble and inspect parts for wear, cracks, or other defects.
• Read, interpret, and comply with all aircraft manuals, primarily the Aircraft Maintenance Manuals (AMM) and the Illustrated Parts Catalog (IPC)
• Properly tag parts to identify description, part number, serial number, and the aircraft that it was removed from
• Drain fluids and cap those components that are needed to prevent leakage and/or damage
• Handle all components with the utmost care prior to sending out for repair
• Must have access to your own hand tools; specialty tools will be provided by the company
• Properly use and operate support equipment in performance of assigned duties such as
ladders, jacks, lifts, calibrated tooling, etc.
• Properly utilize Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including steel-toed shoes, safety glasses, safety shields, and safety harnesses to ensure safety at all times
• Other duties as assigned
• 2 years disassembly experience required; heavy maintenance or military experience may be considered as well
• Ideal candidate will have a combination of experience to repair engines and general mechanical maintenance of moderate difficulty required to meet the assigned customer order.
• Must supply you own hand tools
• Must be able to successfully pass FAA approved alcohol, drug, and background checks
• Must be able to work comfortably outdoors, in high/low temperatures, and high noise-level environments
• U.S. person or U.S. lawful permanent resident preferred due to iTAR regulations.
• A&P Licensed Mechanic is preferred
• Commercial aircraft, heavy structures, CH-47 or UH-60 experience preferred
• Must be fluent in speaking, reading and writing English
The environmental characteristic for this position is an aircraft hangar, warehouse setting and outdoors. Candidates should be able to adapt to environments listed. There may be momentary exposure to high noises, exposure to chemicals and cleaning agents, and Personal Protection Equipment may be required for certain tasks. This position must be able to work comfortably outdoors and may be exposed to heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions
Travel: May be required with notice
Language: Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
Location: San Bernardino, CA
Unical Aviation, Inc. and all its’ affiliate companies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (iTAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of iTAR. iTAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident, Political Asylee, or Refugee.