Our Unical 145 Aero Structures shop handles a high volume of repair and overhaul work for nacelles, thrust reversers, cowlings, flaps and a whole host of aero structures from a wide range of commercial aircraft. We are looking for multi-skilled mechanics experienced in nacelle component overhaul, flight control overhaul, and back shop experience.
Working with limited supervision, performs composite repairs, overhauls, repairs and test to aviation parts, and various other components in accordance with repair station rules and specifications.
• Perform composite repairs as needed on components received by the repair station.
• Perform maintenance on components received by the repair station including; composite repairs, disassembly, cleaning, inspection, repair/overhaul, assembly and testing.
• Document maintenance completed in accordance with federal regulations, repair station rules and specifications
• Maintains a clean and organized work area
• Must use, wear and enforce required PPE within assigned production work area
• Operate required machinery and equipment in a proper manner following established safety rules
• Read, understand and adhere to SDS guidelines
• Other duties as assigned
• Provide technical guidance to Mechanic Assistants and Composite Mechanics as directed
• Working knowledge of composite repair techniques including but not limited to the following; taper sanding, step sanding, wet layup, prepreg layup, hot bonder/bagging procedures and common composite products.
• General knowledge of Autoclave process and procedures
• General knowledge of sheet metal / structural repair techniques and processes
• Working knowledge of aircraft component technical data such as SRM, CMM, engineering drawings etc.
• Working knowledge in the use of inspection tooling and basic hand tools required in the course of work including but not limited to the following; torque wrenches, micrometers, dial indicators, height gauge, calipers, depth gauges, rivet guns, drill motors, pneumatic die grinders, etc.
• High School Diploma or GED
• Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
• Attention to detail
• Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously
• 3-7 years’ experience in aircraft component composite repair/overhaul or related experience preferred
• Airframe and Powerplant Certificate preferred
• Ability to pass DOT drug and alcohol test
• U.S. person or U.S. lawful permanent resident preferred due to iTAR regulations
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
• Basic Shop Math
• Working knowledge of composite repair techniques
• General knowledge regarding concepts, theories and principles of aerodynamics, hydraulic systems, electrical systems and pneumatic systems
• Must be able to wear a respirator mask for extended periods as required
• Ability to work in machine shop / component repair environment
• Momentary exposure to high noises
• Exposure to chemicals and cleaning agents
• Personal Protection Equipment may be required for certain tasks
• Minimal travel may be required (5% or less)
• Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
• City of Industry, CA
Unical Aviation, Inc. and all its’ affiliate companies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.