HR Generalist or Associate
Uni-Fab Industries Inc. Fremont, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $55,000 to $75,000 Yearly
- Benefits: life insurance, medical, vision, 401k, dental,
Uni-Fab Industries, a rapidly growing manufacturing company is looking for a highly motivated, forward thinking HR Generalist. The ideal candidate will have prior experience in HR or can be a recent College Graduate in Human Resources. We are eager to find a person who easily connects with people and has a detail-oriented mindset to handle the changing nature of the workforce. The HR Generalist is responsible for the functional delivery of human resources, with a wide range of HR-related tasks, to include onboarding, benefits administration, file management, employee relations, safety, policies and procedures, and employee training and evaluation. Candidate Must Speak English & Spanish.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all HR issues and guidance.
- Manage HR files and applications, including personnel files.
- Benefits administration
- Providing support and tracking of FMLA/WA-FLMA , PTO and other extended time-off requests.
- Light recruiting activities, to include job description creation/review/updates, some job postings, candidate communications, recruiter communication and scheduling.
- Conduct onboarding responsibilities for new employees to foster a positive attitude toward company goals and pillars, including pre-employment background checks, new hire paperwork, intercompany notifications, first day scheduling, conducting HR orientation, and timely benefits enrollment.
- Manage Employee Handbook to include policy review/creation/updates, implementation, and employee training and guidance.
- Tracking and monitoring of annual employee reviews.
- Provide guidance for issues involving employment law and impact to operations.
- Responding to EDD/SDI or other HR related documents received in a timely manner.
- Understand the importance of company confidentiality and trust while building strong relationships and collaborating with employees and leaders throughout the organization.
- Maintain compliance and understanding of federal and state regulations concerning employment practices.
- Creating good company rapport with staff.
- Training other staff of knowledge and skills as requested by Executive Management Team.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- MUST SPEAK ENGLISH & SPANISH
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as an HR Generalist or Lead or current College Graduate in related field.
- Understanding of Human Resources Programs such as, compensation and business plans; human resources software; federal, state, and local employment laws.
- Demonstrated experience in the human resources in positions such as HR Specialist, HR Generalist, or other HR related positions.
- Human Resource Certification (i.e. SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP; HRCi etc.) (Desired).
- Strong knowledge of federal and state employment and labor laws.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office products: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to present information clearly and confidently to Executives and other members of leadership, both in written and verbal format.
- Ability to work independently and problem solve utilizing available resources.
- Desire to work as a team with a results-driven approach.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and anticipate the needs of a changing landscape.
- Ability to exercise the highest level of discretion and sensitivity on both internal and external confidential matters.
- Must speak English & Spanish
Uni-Fab Industries Inc.Why Work Here?
Rapidly growing company with endless opportunities for advancement
We are a Rapidly growing Manufacturer of Precision Sheet Metal & Machining products for the Semi-Conductor Equipment, Medical, and many other Industries.
5020 Brandin Ct. FremontFremont, CA
BusinessView all jobs at Uni-Fab Industries Inc.