We are seeking a Support Specialist to join our End User Technology.
Key job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Provide technical support to the r users. Respond to employees’ questions regarding computer systems, phone problems and technical needs. Utilize existing IT management systems to manage delivery of services. If necessary, coordinate resolution with vendors and ensure follow-up
• Perform local network administration tasks for Windows network. Manage user accounts, e-mail accounts, remote access, and system backups. Assist diagnosing and resolving server related issues and replace server hardware.
• Perform installation and maintenance of computers, thin clients, and virtual machines and related hardware and software. Install and support desktop IP telephony and telecommunications equipment. Perform moves/adds/changes for all desktop and telephone hardware as needed. Troubleshoot equipment usage as necessary.
• Provide daily metrics of problems and resolutions activities using IT management systems ServiceNow and eRequest.
• Stay apprised of new technologies and trends in the technology industry, with a view to providing more comprehensive technology-related services to the office. Act as a technology information resource for the staff and management.
• Understand the evolving technology needs of the business units in the offices of support. Provide custom technology-based solutions for the office as needed. Provide training for staff on software/technology issues on a regular basis.
The role is unique and interesting because it provides the technician with the opportunity to work closely with every aspect of the business and IT, and enables strong relationships to be built. This role also allows for travel to the satellite offices.
The ideal candidate should have the following:
Bachelor’s degree required. Microsoft Certified Professional designation (MCPS/MCSE/MCSD) is a plus.
2-3 years related experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, troubleshooting abilities, and a strong ability to self-manage and prioritize multiple tasks are essential. Maturity and professionalism to work directly with high level and often executive level business and technology employees.
- Strong technical skills and experience on multiple computing platforms (Thin Client, VDI, Windows 7/10, Mac). Experience with networking, client-server environments, Microsoft Exchange Server, mobile device administration (iPhone/Pad, Android, Blackberry), IP telephony, and internal and external video conferencing systems required.
- Knowledge of Windows Server. E.g. folder redirection, roaming profiles, distributed file system (DFS), permissions and shares.
- Strong knowledge of Windows 7 and 10 operating systems
- Strong knowledge of Apple, Android, and Blackberry mobile devices
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory and Active Roles interface
- Knowledge of Cisco desktop phones and features
- Knowledge of Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)
- Knowledge of PC & server hardware (Dell, Lenovo, HP) and peripherals.
- Knowledge of Market Data Services