We are a locally owned and operated lighting showroom looking to add a full-time Lighting Sales Associate to our team. We are looking for someone with inside sales experience as well as a good eye for design and merchandising.
- Assists customers (in person, over the phone, or by fax or email/Internet inquiry) during the sales process in an effective and efficient manner that encourages return business
- Accurately conducts sales transactions in the showroom or by phone by appropriately entering the customer order into the computer system
- Recording payment, electronically reconciling bank statements, and entering and paying vendor bills.
- Maintains an awareness of all product knowledge information (including product catalogs, price sheets, etc.), merchandise promotions, design styles and trends, test merchandise, and advertisements.
- Markets all products sold and suggests replacement/alternative products when appropriate
- Maintains a positive working relationship with all staff throughout the organization
- Experience in the electrical, lighting, or design industry or and/or knowledge of applicable products is preferred, but not necessary.
- At least 1 year of experience in a retail/showroom sales setting is required.
- Experience using Quickbooks for sales and accounting is preferred, but not necessary
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills, including an ability to plan and manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Must have experience with Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Word
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented environment
- Strong customer service skills