Plant Maintenance Mechanic
We are currently looking for an experienced Plant Maintenance Mechanic to join our maintenance team and to assist with maintaining an industrial laundry facility. The maintenance team's critical goal is to keep the facility’s equipment at top operating efficiency with minimal lost production time. Responsibilities would include performing preventative/predictive maintenance, repairs, and troubleshooting of industrial laundry equipment, including but not limited to, boilers, air compressors, pumps, steam tunnels, conveyor systems, and rail systems. Working with OEM support technicians by phone and ordering/maintaining parts inventory.
Strong independent troubleshooting skills, including leveraging the available resources to complete a repair, are critical for success in this role.
Compensation: $18.00/hour to $27.00/hour depending on experience.
- At least 4 years of experience repairing industrial processing equipment in an industrial environment.
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical, electronic, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems-.
- Prior experience with the ability to read a blueprint or electrical schematic drawing.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Degree from a vocational school or college with a focus in the mechanical or electrical field.
- Experience with a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Knowledgeable in operating and maintaining a steam boiler.
- Ability to perform welding activities such as MIG, TIG, ARC, cutting, and brazing.
- Second class stationary boiler license highly preferred.