Plant Maintenance Mechanic
We are currently looking for an experienced Maintenance Technician to join our evening shift. The primary responsibility of this position is to assist with maintaining an industrial food processing facility. Responsibilities would include performing preventative/predictive maintenance, repairs, and troubleshooting of industrial baking equipment.
Strong independent troubleshooting skills, including leveraging the available resources to complete a repair, are critical for success in this role.
- Working 6 days/week.
- 8-hour shifts including nights and weekends.
- Will work night shift long-term but must be open to covering for the other shift if needed.
- Minimum of four years of working experience repairing industrial manufacturing equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot perform electrical troubleshooting of machinery.
- Knowledge of PLC.
- Experienced in small motor maintenance.
- Lift and move up to 75 pounds.
- Regular bending, lifting, kneeling, stretching, and reaching both below the waist and above the head.
- Engage in full dexterity with both hands and wrists.
- Walking throughout the facility and its grounds with great frequency.
- Ability to climb ladders and gangways safely and without limitations.
- Dexterity in eye/hand coordination, feet (foot pedals), manual (picking, pinching, holding, grasping), and wrist motion (repetitive flexion/rotation).
- Working conditions may include small spaces, dust, lint, fumes/odors, and hot/cold temperatures, inside/outside noise, vibration, standing on concrete for long hours and wet or uneven surfaces.
New Orleans, LA