We are looking for an Accountant whose primary responsibility will be the reconciliation of payroll/benefits.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- 85% responsible for reconciling payroll/benefits.
- 10% responsible for posting assigned journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assist in the preparation of periodic financial statements and reports; identify and implement improvements that will increase and maintain accountability.
- Provide technical assistance to contract monitors and other District staff.
- Perform detailed review and analysis of certain work papers prepared by other team members in support of weekly, monthly, quarterly, and other regulatory reports for accuracy, timeliness, and compliance.
- Work with other staff to obtain necessary department closing data, accruals, and performance indicators.
- Assist with quarterly contract monitoring, including assisting with the development of an audit plan.
- Discover and notify management of any inconsistencies or problems.
- Assist in monitoring internal controls.
- Complete special projects assigned by Department Manager or Supervisor.
- Train and serve as a backup to other fiscal departments as needed.
- 3 to 5 years of experience reconciling benefits.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Varies, but generally Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, or 7:30 am to 4:00 pm.
- Hours outside of this schedule may be required as special projects come along.