We are looking to fulfill a food service worker position at a school. This position will run Monday - Friday from 7:30 am - 4:00 pm, this assignment will last until 6/1/19 and will return at the beginning of the next school year in August.
This job location is in Floresville, TX our office location to submit your application is 5514 Walzem Rd. Suite 6, SAN ANTONIO, TX 78218.
You will not have to report back to our office once you are assigned to the site.
This person will assist in setup and serving of food from counters and steamtables. Duties will include cleaning and sanitizing equipment and work stations.
- Read recipes and/or product directions.
- Estimate food requirements.
- Operates a variety of kitchen utensils to weigh, measure, mix, wash, peel, cut, grind, stir, strain, season and knead foodstuffs for cooking, serving, and storing.
- Assist in the preparation of hot and cold foods, properly stores food, utilizing knowledge of temperature requirements and spoilage.
- Inspects workstation for compliance with service standards.
- Setup stations with entrees, soups, salads, breads, condiments other food products and utensils.
- Serves and replenishes food from counters and steam tables, and breaks down stations at the end of meal periods.
- Sets up stations with entrees, soups, salads, breads, condiments, other food products and utensils.
- Brews coffee and tea
- Interact with customers in the serving, and dining area
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent experience.
- No previous work experience required.
- Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and client representatives.
- Ability to use a computer.
- Ability to provide clear directions and respond to employees.
- Basic food-handling skills
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity.
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses.
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.