- $80,000 to $120,000 Yearly
Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with a common purpose to make the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place. Science is in our DNA; we are endlessly curious and passionate about seeking and speaking the truth. We take delight in knowing that our work makes a meaningful contribution to society, and we are proud that our culture is centered on integrity, collaboration, inclusion and excellence. UL stands at the forefront of technological advancement, and we are continually challenged to find new ways to foster innovation and positive change. Satisfying? Yes. Exciting? Absolutely!What you'll learn & achieve:
Reporting to the Software Development Manager, supports the analysis, development, modification, testing and maintenance of operating systems software. Supports business leadership and senior development professionals in the analysis of software and hardware system needs, options, risks, costs, and impact on business process and goals. Evaluates supplied software products and applications. Independently analyzes and isolates the application issues and performs problem resolution.
- Analyzes system requirements, preparing of specifications, designing, coding, testing, debugging and documenting. Implements complex requirements for multiple platforms, operating systems, and applications.
- Resolves problems by devising or modifying procedures. Considers equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results when developing resolutions.
- Supports the identification of system requirements by interviewing users, interviewing and selecting vendors (if applicable), analyzing applications, evaluating existing and proposed systems, and recommending solutions.
- Independently analyzes and isolates application issues and performs problem resolution.
- Monitors progress of software based projects by tracking activity, resolving problems, publishing progress reports, and recommending actions.
- Improves systems performance by investigating problems, developing specifications, identifying trends in technology, and recommending solutions.
- Assists with formulating and defining specifications for software programming applications and modifies existing applications.
Minimum Requirements and Experience:
- University degree in Computer Science and 3+ years of direct related experience.
- Strong working technical knowledge and/or software development experience
- If available, please include a link in your resume to your online repository such as GitHub
- Strong in Python Architecture and GUI Development.
Preferred Technical Knowledge:
- Non-relational dB (MongoDB with NodeJS)
Nice to Have:
- MERN (React/Redux)
- MongoDB, ExpressJS, React, NodeJS
- Mission For UL, corporate and social responsibility isn't new. Making the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place has been our business model for the last 125 years and is deeply engrained in everything we do.
- People Ask any UL employee what they love most about working here, and you'll almost always hear, "the people." Going beyond what is possible is the standard at UL. We're able to deliver the best because we employ the best.
- Interesting work Every day is different for us here as we eagerly anticipate the next innovation that our customers' create. We're inspired to take on the challenge that will transform how people live, work and play. And as a global company, in many roles, you will get international experience working with colleagues around the world.
- Grow & achieve We learn, work and grow together with targeted development, reward and recognition programs as well as our very own UL University that offers extensive training programs for employees at all stages, including a technical training track for applicable roles.
The salary range for this position is $80,000 - $120,000 and is based upon years of experience that is commensurate with the level of the position.
All employees at UL Solutions are eligible for annual bonus compensation. The target for this position is 10% of the base salary offered. Employees are eligible for health benefits such as medical, dental and vision; wellness benefits such as mental & financial health; and retirement savings (401K) commensurate with the standard rewards offered in each individual location or country, for the relevant position level.
We also provide employees with paid time off including vacation (15 days), holiday including floating holidays (12 days) and sick time off (72 hours).
Working at UL is an exciting journey that twists and turns daily. We thrive in the twists and revel in the turns. This is our every day. This is our normal. Curious?To learn more about us and the work we do, visit UL.com .Employment Type: OTHER
Underwriters Laboratories Inc.Triangle Township, NC
TechnologyView All Underwriters Laboratories Inc. Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.