As a Store Manager, you will be responsible for the delivery of outstanding customer service, achievement of growth goals, operational efficiencies and development of store associates. And, you'll be responsible for developing and maintaining client relationships, utilizing the full spectrum of banking services.
- Manage a medium-sized, moderately complex store with core deposits between $25 million and $60 million. Concentrate approximately 10 percent of time managing high value relationships.
- Implement sales and promotional programs with creativity and energy such that goals are achieved and quality standards are met or exceeded.
- Facilitate integrated delivery of financial services and products, including customized lending, cash management, investment management, etc. by referring customers to the appropriate department or division.
- Originate consumer and small business lending credits up to $250,000
- Responsible for the growth activity of the store (i.e., consumer, small business or both depending on market opportunity); expectation of daily/weekly growth activities to take place
- Manage the selection, placement, performance, development, promotion, and termination of store associates.
- Coach and mentor all Associates in learning the skills required for their level of role, including technical expertise of consumer and small business lending
- Ensure operational efficiency, compliance and quality standards are met.
- Responsible for all aspects of store security in accordance with Umpqua Bank's security policy.
- Responsible for positive community relations in the store market area.
- Demonstrate compliance with all bank regulations that apply to your position, and keep up to date on regulation changes.
- Maintain working knowledge of our policies and procedures regarding the Bank Secrecy Act, Regulation CC, Regulation E, Bank Security and other regulations that apply to your position.
- Manages a staff of between 5 and 8 FTE.
- Associate's degree, or equivalent work experience in banking and finance, business, or a related field.
- Valid Drivers' License.
- Notary certification preferred.
- Minimum three years of supervisory/management experience.
- Effective training and mentoring skills.
- Demonstrated sales skills.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills to effectively manage staff and customer service issues.
- Solid understanding retail services and products
- Consumer and small business lending origination experience preferred.
- Must be registered as a MLO as per the S.A.F.E. Act requirements.
This position requires you to act as a Bank MLO, which is defined as an individual authorized by the Bank to take mortgage loan applications, offer a mortgage, arrange a mortgage, assist a consumer in obtaining or applying to obtain a mortgage, negotiate a mortgage, otherwise obtain or make a mortgage for another person, represent to the public (through advertising or other means of communication) that such person can or will perform any of these activities, or refer a consumer to a loan originator (Note: Except those employees of the Bank who do not discuss particular credit terms available and do not refer the consumer, based on the employee's assessment of the consumer's financial characteristics to a particular Bank MLO) for compensation or gain. All MLOs will be required to register as an MLO complying with the SAFE Act requirements.
- This position IS NOT authorized to act as a Bank Closed-End MLO, which is defined as any position designated to perform the activities of a Bank MLO for closed-end transactions, and thus subject to specific Truth-in-Lending Act and Regulation Z Loan Originator requirements.
- Work involves sitting, frequent walking, and lifting up to 20 pounds.
- Length of working day can be unpredictable due to balancing. Exposed to potential hazard of robbery - receives detailed instruction to minimize risk. Must be available to work when store is open, including weekends, if applicable.
- Occasional travel.
We do things a little differently here at Umpqua. Our retail stores serve as community hubs, our associates are given up to 40 hours of volunteer time each year, and we're never satisfied with the status quo. It's no wonder we've made "Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For" eight years in a row. But greatness has no finish line, so we continue every day to keep people at the center of everything we do. We focus on building relationships, understanding our customers' needs and connecting to people in new and innovative ways -- always staying true to our mission of providing personalized banking for all people, whenever and however they prefer to bank.
Umpqua Bank is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability. We maintain a drug-free workplace and may perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
No relocation offered.