Peak Time Tellers provide an exceptional customer experience. They help customers meet their financial goals by processing financial transactions (deposits, withdrawals, advances, loan payments, merchant transactions, etc.).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works on assignments that are semi-routine in nature (i.e., cash handling) where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required. Normally receives detailed instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new assignments.
- Accepts and accurately processes all financial transactions.
- Maintains responsibility for cash drawer and follows proper balancing procedures.
- Provides excellent customer service by providing answers and assistance for customers' questions and concerns.
- Demonstrates compliance with all bank regulations for assigned job function and applies to designated job responsibilities -- knowledge may be gained through coursework and on-the-job training. Keeps up to date on regulation changes.
- Follows all Bank policies and procedures, compliance regulations, and completes all required annual or job-specific training.
- Maintain a working knowledge of Bank's written policies and procedures regarding Bank Secrecy Act, Regulation CC, Regulation E, Bank Security and other regulations as applicable to this job description.
- Actively learns, demonstrates, and fosters the Umpqua corporate culture in all actions and words.
- Takes personal initiative and is a positive example for others to emulate.
- Embraces our vision to become "The World's Greatest Bank."
- May perform other duties as assigned.
OTHER POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS
- Will work 19 or fewer hours per week.
- Eligible for a shift differential of up to 20%.
- Not eligible for employee benefits (including vacation).
- Hours and locations may vary as required.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES None.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Requires a high school diploma, GED, vocational training or equivalent.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task effectively.
- Ability to understand and follow directions.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Word and Excel software applications and ability to operate a variety of office equipment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, use tact and diplomacy; maintains professional dress and demeanor.
- Requires reading, writing and basic arithmetic skills.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
- Ability to work store hours to include weekends and occasional evenings.
- Prolonged Standing (5-8 hours per day), frequent use of hands to manipulate/grasp objects, occasional bending and lifting from floor height, frequent forward reach, frequent lifting of 1 - 10 lbs., occasional lifting of up to 30 lbs.
- Exposed to potential hazard of robbery - receives detailed instruction to minimize risk.
- Limited travel.
Umpqua Bank is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability. We maintain a drug-free workplace and may perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.