- Expired: March 30, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Umbra builds next-generation space systems that observe the Earth in unprecedented fidelity. This position is targeted for the Washington, DC metro area (but can be located in Santa Barbara, CA, or Austin, TX).
Our mission: Deliver global omniscience.
To stay ahead of climate change, geopolitical risk, and other major crises and issues, we need a global understanding of what is changing, where, and how fast. Umbra provides easy access to the highest quality commercial satellite data available, which is an indispensable tool for the growing number of organizations monitoring the Earth. We empower our customers to create the solutions that inform, inspire, and address our planet's most pressing needs. We're helping to create a brand new industry that has never meaningfully existed before.
We are looking for a Program Manager to support Umbra's Government Programs department, with responsibility for the development of solutions, products and technology which meet current and future U.S. Government needs. The Program Manager will be responsible for establishing and leading robust programs with our U.S. Government customers focused on new capabilities to include Business Development Support, Proposal development, and Program standup and execution. The Program Manager will report to the lead of the Strategic Programs portfolio within UGP and collaborate closely with Umbra's Space Systems and Software departments. This person is an organizer, planner, equipper and leader with a brilliant technical mind, adaptable to new fields of study and willing and able to tackle hard problems with sound organizational, planning, communication and execution approaches.
Must (or be willing/eligible to) hold an active TS/SCI clearance.
- Serve as Capture Manager and Program Manager for Umbra Government Programs pursuits, captures and programs.
- Lead Government Programs capture activities, serving as a Capture Manager, Proposal Manager, key contributor, author and reviewer on formal responses.
- Support the development of Umbra Government Program's Program Management Excellence initiatives.
- Conceive of, nurture, and establish new initiatives and projects aimed at improving Umbra's ability to deliver exceptional value to its customers.
- Travel will be required approximately 25% between Umbra facilities in California, Washington D.C., and Austin, TX as well as to partner and customer facilities.
- At least 5 years' experience working with U.S. Government DoD, IC and Civil customers in space industry program planning and execution.
- Strong leadership skills, with proven ability to execute technical programs and projects.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to interact effectively with customers and Umbra teammates.
- Driven leader able to build a plan, build a team, and execute with minimal oversight.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic and fast-paced development environment.
- Demonstrated success at leading winning capture efforts.
- Experienced with large competitive captures.
- Experience with SAR and RF space payloads and their associated ground systems.
- Familiarity and leadership experience with Agile, SAFe, PMI or other similarly rigorous organizational frameworks.
- Flexible Time Off, Paid Sick. Family Leave
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Voluntary Life, LTD, 401(k) with 3% non-elective employer contribution.,
- Stock Options
Santa Barbara Office Perks
- Standing desks
- Downtown HQ with Free Snacks & Drinks
- Free Parking
- Catered lunches
Umbra is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.
Employment Eligibility Verification:
In compliance with federal laws, all hired persons will be required to verify their identity and eligibility to work in the United States by completing the required Employment Eligibility Verification Form (I-9 Form) upon hire.
This position may include access to technology and/or data that is subject to U.S. export controls pursuant to ITAR and EAR. To comply with federal export controls, all persons hired must be a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, U.S. lawful permanent resident, refugee or asylee as defined by 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(3), or must otherwise be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State and/or U.S.Department of Commerce as applicable.
This job posting may span more than one career level. To provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base ranges for all job postings regardless of state. We set standard base pay ranges for all roles based on function and level benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. Final offer amounts are determined by skills, responsibilities and relevant work experience.
BusinessView all jobs at Umbra
Get fresh Pos Systems jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.