- Expired: January 26, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
SALARY: $3903/ Month - Plus Excellent Benefits
CLOSING: 02/10/2023 (5:00pm)
DEPARTMENT: Community Development
PRINCIPAL DUTIES OF POSITION
Provides administrative, fiscal and clerical support to the Community Development Department. Serves as office coordinator between the Community Development Director, Planning Division, Commissioners Office, County Counsel, public persons, department heads, and other governmental agencies. Responsible for reading, transcribing, and maintaining accurate records of public meetings; scheduling meetings/appointments; and assisting public. Maintains computerized data systems containing land use files and property records. Monitors budget costs on a regular basis and assists with preparing budgeted expenditures according to policy and procedure within budgetary allowance, consulting with Director as appropriate. Responsible for monthly payables/reimbursements which includes: ensuring proper signature, required attachments, and correct General Ledger codes are submitted to the Finance Department in a timely manner.
Maintains knowledge of all clerical duties. Arranges for department team travel including hotel accommodations and land and air transportation bookings as needed. Oversees Department vehicle maintenance logs and schedules vehicle service as needed.
Coordinates and organizes department meetings and conferences including meeting venue bookings, catering requirements, audio-visual equipment and maps and tends to other requirements as required.
Completes internal and external correspondence and distributes as directed. Prepares meeting agendas, records, prepares and distributes meeting minutes, and maintains organized paper and electronic files. Arranges conference calls, and schedules meetings for the Director and other Planning Division staff.
Serves as the first point of contact and maintains a log/record of incoming calls and emails from the public. Accurately answers questions and information requests to best of ability, and forwards questions and information requests to other staff, as appropriate.
Greets customers at front counter. Performs basic property information searches.
Performs financial record keeping and accounting for the accounts payable/payroll personnel. Acts as department liaison to Finance Department regarding accounts payable policy and procedures. Responsible for monthly payables/reimbursements which includes: ensuring proper signature, required attachments, and correct General Ledger codes are submitted to the Finance Department in a timely manner. Oversees accounts receivable for Department by completing daily deposits, monthly reconciliations, and maintaining the online payment portal.
Assist in development of budgets and monitor costs on a timely and regular basis. Prepare budgeted expenditures according to policy and procedure and within budgetary allowance, consulting with Director, as appropriate. Participates in reviewing and establishing fee collection policies and setting fees. Participates in development and implements departmental policies for areas such as budget, data management, purchasing and accounts payable/receivable. (EE)
Performs some tasks of a problem-solving nature to include computer input/retrieval methods. Develop, produce and maintain reports, including the Department policy and procedure manual.
Organizes, attends, and maintains accurate minutes of all Planning Commission meetings, hearing and proceedings. Ensures accurate Planning Commission calendar and communicates with Planning Commissioners about meetings, schedules and locations. Prepares and provides hearing packets and hearing materials for Chair. Distributes affected agency and property owner's notices. Reviews public meeting notices and correspondence to affected individuals regarding actions of the Planning Commission and/or Board of Commissioners. Publishes public hearing notices in appropriate newspaper/ publication in a timely manner. Maintains Planning Commissions records. Assists with recruiting and filling vacant Commission positions.
Assists Planners with preparation for Board of County Commissioners land use hearings. Prepares and provides Board of County Commissioners hearing packets and hearing materials for Chair.
Assists Planners with preparation of record for appeals filed with the Land Use Board of Appeals.
Provides professional editing and proofreading support as requested by Community Development Director, Planning Division Manager and other staff.
Updates Community Development Department webpage and provides additional website updates to the IT department to ensure up to date department information is posted on the internet/county website.
Orders office equipment and clerical supplies for all department office locations as approved. Orders and prints required forms, educational materials and other requested items from appropriate vendors when necessary. Maintains master forms file and ensures forms are updated. Maintains inventory of all necessary supplies for copiers and printers as well as other office equipment and accessories. Troubleshoots copier and printer problems and arranges for maintenance as needed.
Troubleshoots and communicates with the Maintenance Department on office maintenance issues and ensures problems are resolved. Fills out maintenance requests as needed.
Collects and distributes office mail and maintains Department mail log for incoming/outgoing mail. Prepares address labels and Affidavit of Mailing for public notice mailings.
Maintains accurate records of property files including but not limited to, zoning permits, land use decisions, conditional use permits, land divisions, access permits, and land use compatibility statements in the Planning records system. Updates applicable permits and re-scans them for tracking program. Finalizes boundary adjustment files after map changes are made.
Attends seminars as requested by the Director or Planning Division Manager. Participates in developing and implementing departmental mission, goals, objectives and projects. Represents Agency at appropriate levels in local, County and State groups as requested by the Director or Planning Division Manager.
- High school graduate or GED equivalent
- Must have extensive understanding of basic office operations as demonstrated through a minimum of 3 years of general office experience, or a combination of 2 years of general office experience and office management experience.
- Experience with project management as demonstrated through post-secondary education, project management courses, or experience leading a project through to completion.
- Post-secondary degree
- Public notary certification
- Valid Driver's License
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Ability to give full attention to what other people are saying, and take the time to understand the points being made
- Ability to work on multiple projects or tasks at the same time and prioritize work.
- Ability to work independently, while keeping others informed of status.
- Knowledge of conduct of public meetings and an ability to take accurate minutes.
- Speak effectively to others to convey information.
- Ability to accurately and logically present information both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent organization skills and an ability to enter, record, store and maintain information in writing and electronically.
- Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Prepare clear and concise narratives, written reports and documentation.
- Observe, receive, and otherwise obtain information from all relevant sources.
- Develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with agencies and other county departments.
- Demonstrable commitment to, and understanding of, sustainability and the ability to promote commitment, understanding, and use sustainability principles by employees for day to day operations required.
- Must successfully pass a background check.
- Integrity: Act with honesty and honor without compromising the truth and do the right thing even when no one else is around.
- Accountability: Acknowledge and assume responsibility for your actions and decisions, as well as evaluate and be evaluated on performance and behavior that you are responsible for.
- Empowerment: Encourage and support all people to take initiative and give their best, as well as promote an environment that encourages all people to lead and make decisions.
- Quality/Compliance: Achieving a standard of excellence with our work processes and outcomes, honoring Umatilla County policies and all regulatory requirements.
- Customer Focus: Striving for high customer satisfaction, serving the public in a helpful, pleasant and courteous attitude.
- Communication: Balancing listening and talking, speaking and writing clearly and accurately, influencing others and keeping others informed.
- Collegiality: Being helpful, respectful, approachable, and team-oriented, building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Initiative: Taking ownership of our work, doing what is needed without being asked, following trough.
- Efficiency: Planning, managing time well, being on time, being cost conscious, thinking of better ways to do things.
- Coachable: Being receptive to feedback, willing to learn, embracing continuous improvement.
Use of Umatilla County application is MANDATORY and must be submitted via our online portal at https://umatilla.casellehire.com/jobs/ . Anyone who qualifies for Veterans' Preference in Public Employment provided for in OAR 839-006-0435; please include proper certification (OAR 839-006-0465) with your application. Any applicant with a disability who needs reasonable accommodation in any step of the application or hiring process to assist or to demonstrate qualifications or to perform the essential functions of the job for which the applicant is applying should inform the Human Resources Department.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
BusinessView all jobs at Umatilla County
Get fresh Public Administration Professor jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.