Based in Madison, Wisconsin, our department provides customer service and technical support to our nation’s captioned telephone users with hearing loss. Empowering our clients to lead independent lives using our products and services is at the core of everything we do.
At CapTel Customer Service you’ll work in a new, state-of-the-art building within a team-oriented, customer-driven, and family-friendly work environment!
Our Customer Service Call Center operates 7 days per week between the hours of 7:00AM-11:00PM. Reasonable efforts will be made to accommodate religious beliefs and practices.
We offer flexible full-time hours with a base pay rate of $16.50/hour ($16.75/hour after 90 day probation) for weekday hours, along with $1.00/hour differential on weekend days and an extra $1.50/hour differential for hours worked after 7:00PM.
If you have a desire and passion for providing essential services to individuals with hearing loss, then become a part of the CapTel team where we provide life-changing technology for thousands of people! CapTel users are strongly encouraged to apply!
Position Summary: Responsible for providing quality customer service/technical support to individuals using or interested in the CapTel products and service.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and demonstrate the stated requirements. Job duties may change as the center grows and specific needs arise.
- Provide direct service support to customers verbally and in writing on a daily basis via email, fax, mail and phone by answering questions that may arise regarding the CapTel products and captioning service.
- Provide education, troubleshooting and any necessary follow up to customers regarding questions received and report findings to appropriate staff.
- Provide technical assistance to help with remote set-up of CapTel technology with equipment used in a home or office networking environment such as modems, routers, switches, wireless equipment, and power-line network adapters.
- Document all contacts from customers in the Customer Service Database and other established reporting formats creating customer case documentation. Collaborate on case management with the appropriate management personnel.
- Document patterns and trends identified during troubleshooting and bring this detail to your supervisor’s attention.
- Provide input on development of consumer support materials that aid in orientation and continued use of CapTel products and service.
- Conduct follow-ups with customer contacts to gauge customer satisfaction and confirm resolution.
Requirements: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma/GED Equivalent required, secondary education desired. Study in Communications, Technology, Sociology, hearing loss, and similar fields is helpful, but not required.
- Knowledge about different types of phone services available, as well as familiarity with basic home networking is preferred, but not required.
- Strong oral and written skills to communicate with customers via mail/email, fax, Live Chat and phone by Voice/CapTel and TTY. The majority of contacts are by phone.
- Ability to troubleshoot and explain the set-up and use of CapTel technology once trained on the product. Aptitude and willingness to learn and support new technology is required.
- Ability to work with varying individuals objectively with a calm, relaxed demeanor and make judgment calls and decisions on-the-spot.
- Good typing skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools and email use is required.
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple ongoing projects at the same time in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to follow-through on all daily tasks in a timely manner.
- Strong accuracy to detail/data entry for case management and documentation purposes.
- Desire to assist individuals with hearing loss/individuals with disabilities with the technology they use.
- Must possess a strong work history of punctuality and good attendance.
All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, gender, religion, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, genetic identity and any other status protected by federal, state or local law and regulation.